Chapter 3

How fast does one fall in love? Momoi wondered.

She figured she was someone who was all too easy. After all, she did fall head over heels for Kuroko the moment he gave her that popsicle stick, and her feelings only deepened when she watched him play on court.

His average appearance wasn't really interesting to many but he had a heart of gold underneath all of it. He was easy to approach (if you could spot him) and he usually gave good advice to those willing to listen. Honestly, what's not like about him?

Well, perhaps his ignorance of the obvious could be something.

From the moment she 'fell' for him, Momoi was quite open about her feelings. She held nothing back in expressing her utmost love for the light blueheaded players but sadly, her attempts to gain his affection other than that of a friend was a fail. She doubted the boy was dense to not notice her feelings. After all, he was one of the most observant people she knew and his ability to read others rivalled Akashi's.

From what she saw, it was clear he didn't think of her romantically.

Her heart was hurt, yes, but she figured there was no reason she should give up trying to 'woo' him...until today that is.

Watching Kagami do the dishes humming a tune had her heart pounding. This feeling was all too familiar. It was the same thing she felt that day Kuroko handed her his popsicle stick.

'Oh crap. I've totally fallen for Kagamin.'

Were all girls like her? Momoi wondered again. To fall so easily for someone just because that person took the time and effort to take care of her. Who didn't take advantage of her hopeless state. Who stayed up nearly the entire night wiping her sweat. Who helped HER that could be considered the 'enemy'.

Okay...so maybe it wasn't all that odd her heart felt tingly.

Slumping onto Kagami's very comfortable couch, Momoi covered her red face and sighed. She was definitely a goner.

"Why don't you get some more rest? Wouldn't want a relapse," Kagami said from the kitchen.

Momoi climbed off his furniture and walked to the counter where she leaned against it.

"I could at least dry the dishes for you. You're the one who should be resting after staying up most of the night," Momoi said in an exasperated tone.

"And I told you that I'm fine. You're the one who was sick," Kagami argued. "Besides, I usually leave the dishes to dry by themselves."

"But still...I feel so useless," sighed Momoi.

Kagami snorted as he placed the final plate in the dish rack, "Aren't all sick people useless?"

"That's mean Kagamin!"

"Don't call me that!"

Kagami sighed as he dried his hands and walked around the counter to stand in front of Momoi with crossed arms. She eyed him warily.

"What?"

"Go and get some more sleep. I would offer to take you home but I heard there's quite a number of fallen poles and wreckage from the storm," Kagami urged.

Momoi pouted, "I don't feel like sleeping though. Why don't we play a game?"

"What are you? Five?"

"Excuse you Kagamin! At least I don't get 0 marks in math and physics,"

"Urk! H-How did you know that?!" Kagami paled at having his academic failures revealed.

"I'm a data collector Kagamin. It's my job to know these things," Momoi explained nonchalantly.