1 | The Beginning

|||

|||

[The Beginning]

Today felt mournful to many. Ivory's uncle in front of him, watching as Ivory buttoned up his uniform. He turned to his uncle who had no expression on his face.

Ivory sourly chuckled to himself, "How do I look?" He asked.

"You look like a man," The old man grumbled lowly "which is surprising." He commented walking to the chair in the corner of the room to sit down.

'And there it is.' Ivory thought to himself, rolling his eyes. His uncle only ever gave him backhanded compliments. Of course, Ivory learned to not listen to the man. He was becoming senile anyways, why should he care what his uncle has to say about him?

Ivory finished up, tying his shoe laces. "I'm going to find Buck and Steve, see you later Uncle Ernie..." he hurried, grabbing a pack of cigarettes and putting them in his pocket.

"Uh huh." Ernie grumbled.

|||

He walked out of the house to see Bucky waiting for him, "Hey, Buck..." he began, pausing to look at Bucky in his uniform, "looking sharp." He laughed patting his friend on the shoulder.

"yeah, yeah, I know... you don't look too bad yourself, Ives." Bucky chuckled.

They began walking in silence, both men lost in their own thoughts. Ivory would never admit it but, he was scared. He was scared of losing his friend. He didn't care what would happen to himself in this war. He cared more about Bucky. This was all he could think about.

Suddenly there was a commotion coming from a nearby alley, "you just don't know when to give up, do you?" One voice growled.

"I can do this all day." A familiar voice responded...

Bucky took off towards the alley, Ivory following closely behind him. They watched as a random man punched Steve to the ground.  'Of course it was Steve.' Ivory thought.

"Hey!, pick on someone your own size!" Bucky said angrily, grabbing the man by the shirt throwing him towards Ivory who caught him and gave him a sly smile.

The Man went to punch Ivory, but before that happened, Bucky pulled him out the way punching the man and kicking him in the ass.

"Get out of here!" Ivory yelled, laughing as the man ran off.

They both turned to Steve, "Sometimes I think you like getting punched." Bucky joked, walking towards his shorter friend.