Snape, still skeptical, remained unconvinced. "Potter experiencing panic? That seems highly unlikely."

Upon hearing that Harry was not at risk, Dumbledore stopped pacing and now stood with his hands on his hips. His eyes weren't quite focused, holding a faraway look as he faced the tall tiled window. "We cannot discount it, Severus. While unusual, it is entirely possible."

"There is nothing more I can do until Mr. Potter wakes," Madam Pomfrey informed him. "I will have to keep him overnight and assess him again in the morning."

Dumbledore nodded. "I shall leave him in your capable hands, Poppy. Ms. Granger, Mr. Weasley, I ask that you return to complete your patrols." He turned his attention to Antares, eyes piercing as they met the young Slytherin's gaze. "Mr. Kelly, I would appreciate it if you could stay a moment. There is something I would like to discuss with you."

Antares watched silently as the others left the Hospital Wing, leaving him alone with the Headmaster.

Dumbledore stood next to Antares at the foot of Harry's bed. "Mr. Kelly, I cannot help but wonder if there is more to this situation than meets the eye. I have seen many things at Hogwarts, and this incident strikes me as rather peculiar."

"How so?" Antares asked him.

"It has been brought to my attention that Harry earned himself detention with Professor Umbridge this week. It is, shall we say, a fortunate coincidence that such an event would excuse him from it for the evening," the Headmaster couldn't help but muse.

Antares raised his head to look at the older wizard. Dumbledore knew; he was well aware, yet it didn't matter. Whether he admitted it or not, Dumbledore was powerless to the Ministry. Any attempt to remove Umbridge would result in a rapid takeover.

"Fortunate indeed," the boy agreed. "Though I can't say I ever reacted this way to detention. It's effective, to say the least."

The Hospital Wing was now deathly quiet, the steady but faint breathing emanating from Harry being the only sound. Dumbledore was in deep contemplation, appraising the youngest member of the Order.

"You have been a vigilant guardian to Mr. Potter since your arrival, and I commend you for that," Dumbledore spoke. "I have given you no easy task, but I must advise caution in the future."

Antares didn't respond immediately. "I am doing what you asked of me. When you placed Harry under my watch, you gave me the right to protect him as I saw fit. I assure you, Headmaster, that I have no desire to see him suffer needlessly."

The old wizard regarded Antares with a steady gaze, his eyes filled with a wisdom he had seen many times before. "I trust in your intentions, Mr. Kelly, but always remember there is a delicate balance between protection and manipulation."

Antares furrowed his brows, a frown gracing his face as he watched Harry's prone form. He knew that his actions had caused Harry to suffer, despite that it was to protect him from Umbridge's torment. It was a bitter irony that he, as Harry's guardian, had become the source of his pain, even temporarily. Antares had always been a strategist, willing to do whatever it took to achieve his goals. He made Harry an unwilling pawn, sacrificing him to further his plot to dismantle Umbridge.

"I understand, Headmaster," he whispered.

      ✯      ✯

      Antares stood in front of a white picket fence in South London. The sun still hung high, casting a bright glow on the violet flowerbeds scattered amongst the garden. It was a stark contrast to the dark stone of Grimmauld Place. It felt off-putting until he remembered this was the home of a muggle— his uncle by marriage.