ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ¹⁰⁸

Y/n fired the arrow and it whistled through the air. When it got close, it shattered, embedding millions of minuscule ice shards into Mi-Kyo who was suspended above them.

At first, it appeared to have little impact. Then, each piece began to expand simultaneously and spread like wild fire. Soon, a whole part of the gaseous monstrosity became encased in ice.

D/n's sword crackled with purple sparks before he swung it across the air, sending large bolts of electricity towards Mi-Kyo.

Once affected by Super Conduct, a few of the creature's limbs slipped and lost its footing. Itto leapt off the platform and jumped between floating debris until he got close. In the air, he would swing his club to hit smaller bits of debris as if he was playing baseball and pelted Mi-Kyo with debris.

His laughter and wide grinning suggested he was actually having fun with this.

"Oni!" Itto turned his head to see D/n using his chain whip to pull more floating debris towards Itto and providing ammunition. "Thanks, Mister L/n!" He cheerfully expressed his gratitude and threw a quick thumbs up before getting serious again.

As Itto continued to hit Mi-Kyo with broken parts and furniture, he drew its attention. Some of its limbs started to reach for him. However, before they could get near, Y/n used her ice arrows to keep them at bay and covering Itto.

D/n used his chain and wrapped it around around the banister along the walls and swung himself towards it. He continued this process to get closer to the beast and landed on a platform right beneath its 'face'.

He raised his sword up high before bringing it down onto the platform and raging flames began to swirl around him and Mi-Kyo screeched and tried to backpedal back up the pit.

'Highly effective,' D/n thought. He applied more flames but had to quickly stop as the heat was too much for him to handle. The moment he stopped emitting Pyro, Mi-Kyo swung one of its limbs towards D/n in retaliation and knocked him off the platform.

"Dad!" Y/n cried out. She predicted where he'd fall and shot at a platform further down. Ice spread upwards in a swirl, the formation resembling a blooming flower made of ice that caught him.

After making sure he was fine, she continued to provide cover fire for Itto with her bow. She shot four in quick succession, forming a line across one of its limbs. The ice exploded and the creature screeched again and jerked away.

"Thanks!" Itto yelled over his shoulder before crouching down again,
   "One beat down, comin' in hot!" He launched himself towards the face and swung his club against the side of its head.

At first, the weapon sank into the seemingly soft, translucent exterior until it reached something solid. The creature's head was knocked to the side due to the impact, successfully subduing it for just a moment.

Disorientated, its limbs flung around in a desperate attempt to save itself from falling further into the pit. Mi-Kyo's flailing limbs smacked things aside as it sank lower.

Itto dropped down onto a nearby platform and turned just in time when an appendage knocked him off the platform and into the wall of the pit. He bounced off the wall with a force and dropped onto a random staircase. He landed and hopped harshly against the stairs.

   "Nononono...!" Itto scrambled to find something to hold onto after almost falling off the edge of it. Grabbing onto one of the banisters, Itto pulled himself onto the stairs. However, Mi-Kyo's sights were still set on Itto. Determined to finish the job as it neared him.

"Crap..!" Y/n cursed and aimed another arrow at it. While forming the ice arrow, Y/n felt her head begin to ache and she wasn't able to create it as easily as before.