Mind of a Child Pt.2

Start from the beginning

I smiled, drawing in a deep breath before blowing out the two candles on the cake in front of me, earning cheers from my female cousins. Theodore was pouting on the couch on a time out (because he tried to blow out my candles, how rude).  

One more year remained before I could eat sugar. One more year before I could talk properly (although my tiny brain was mastering new words every month).

I giggled and clapped as the fire went out. Lily kissed my brow, muttering against my skin, "You're so cute."

"So Prongs, when is Bloom gonna get her Marauder nickname?" Sirius asked with a joking edge.

Lily mock-scowled. "Don't you dare, Sirius Grey! My daughter is not going to get into that...that...debauchery. And if you try to recruit her, remember that I know all of the skeletons in your closet." she threatened.

"And I know all of the sounds that come from yours." Sirius shot back. I giggled again--I don't know why, I just found everything funny--as Lily's rosy cheeks turned several shades darker.

"I-how-you-" she looked very flustered.

Sirius snickered. "Maybe Prongs and you should've used the sound-proofed BED-room, instead of the kitchen."

Petunia coughed as her sister's cheeks colored. "I doubt that Lily wants her sex life discussed on Bloom's birthday, or in front of the family."

"Let's drop the subject around pure ears." James agreed as Uncle Charlus and Aunt Marianne chuckled while their spouses coughed awkwardly into their hands.

Was I pure? Uhh, uhh, ask Susan and Hermione that.

Yes, there was a lot of flirting in the Potter household, as you could tell. The inner Marauder (or matchmaker) in me wanted to pair Sirius and Petunia, who seemed to be doing this awkward dance around each other.

Unless I was reading the situation wrong and there was something awkward that caused high tensions in the past, I rarely did, and I couldn't feel that kind of tension. It felt like hesitant, pent-up sexual frustration.

Not that it was my business to know! It really--definitely--wasn't! 

*End flashback* 

*Flashback* 

Christmas came two weeks and a half after my birthday party. 

At two years old, I'd grown maybe an inch or two. I was still running into things and falling over--name a toddler who hasn't--but my spatial awareness was at a greater height than before. My face was pure innocence, and everywhere I went, heads turned, and people cooed at me. 

I twitched a little to refocus, before glancing in the mirror. 

Standing with one hand against the cupboard, I observed my reflection. Fiery red hair that was pulled into two cute pigtails (the fact that I had enough hair for that already was astonishing). I wore long-sleeved pajamas in shades of blue that nicely matched my eye color, as well as white socks. 

Annoyingly, I couldn't hum my favorite songs from Domino, but I could hum some of the lines from 'Falling Kingdom'. 

I walked--toddled and crashed into the wall--on my way to the living room, finding Lily's leg. 

"Hey, baby." She murmured before picking me up and lifting me into her arms. I cuddled into her happily. "Are you ready to open some presents?" 

Hell yes! Who doesn't love FREE SHIT???

"P'easant! P'easant!" I repeated, pleased that I was coming closer to using real words.