Chapter 41: New Members

Începe de la început

He said with a friendly smile on his face. Making Stephanie weakly nod her head in response.

"So... who told you two that you have to introduce yourselves to me?"

"E-Eh? S-Sora told us that we have to introduce ourselves to you first before we can join the group..."

"Sora did?"

"Y-Yes"

"... You don't have to do that... even if you didn't ask me. I would've allowed you two to stay on the island, even if you didn't join the group"

"E-Eh? R-Really?"

"What? Do you want me to throw the two of you out into the ocean or send you back to the mainland? If I did that then I am sending you to your deaths"

He said, causing Stephanie to tear up in response. She looked towards him with a grateful look on her face.

"Thank you! We'll do our best not to be a burden to your group!"

"Don't worry about it... You look like you're already quite close to Sora so I think he'll be sad if I kick you out of the group"

"C-Close?"

Stephanie asked before her cheeks flushed pink in embarrassment. Making Mamoru let out a light grin in response.

"Yes... Sora doesn't usually approach or take interest in a girl to make him protect her like this"

He said, causing Sakura to look at him with a weird look on her face. Finding his words strange. However, it was true that Sora didn't take an interest nor proactively approached the girls in the group. It was all because most of them were interested in Mamoru, while the remaining ones could tear him to shreds. Even if Sora does act perverted, he respects his friendship with Mamoru and wouldn't make any moves on his potential partners.

"R-Really?"

"Yep... That's why I was surprised"

He continued as he watched her fidget in embarrassment. Making Mamoru wonder what happened between the two of them when he was unconscious.

"What do you think of Sora?"

"E-Eh?"

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to. It is a bit of a personal question after all"

He said as he leaned forward. He used his arms as a support while watching her in amusement.

"... Do you have a crush on him?"

"I-I..."

Stephanie stuttered as her face grew increasingly red. Making Mamoru hold his chin as if he was contemplating.

"I heard that one of the girls in our group is hitting on Sora, right?"

"Eh?"

"Huh?"

Stephanie and Sakura muttered respectively. Both looked at him with varying looks on their faces. Sakura had an utterly confused look on her face while Stephanie had a hint of sadness in hers.

"Is that true?"

"Yes... He is quite popular after all"

"..."

"... You like him, right?"

He said, causing Stephanie to look hesitant and shy. Making Mamoru let out a disappointed sigh in response.

"Hmm? Maybe I was mistaken... and here I thought I could help you"

He said before standing up but was stopped by Stephanie who grabbed his sleeves in a panic. Making Mamoru glance back at her as if he was asking her what was wrong with just his eyes alone.