Six months.

"Did you know we have only known each other for six months?" I ask him. He nods, "Mhm." He holds my popcorn and I hold my water and dibs as we walk to our theater. "Crazy right? Like six months ago today we probably didn't even know we existed."

"I knew you existed."

"Really?"

"I mean I knew your family." He clarifies as we reach the door to theater 4. We walk in and I lead me and Ron to our seats at the top of the theater. The movie is pretty packed, so I'm lucky I was even able to get seats.

We get to our seats just as the movie starts, and I set the popcorn between us since I know Ron will want some. I also offer him some dibs, which he takes.

That's how you know I like someone, cause dibs are very scarce.

Fast forward three hours, and I am on the verge of tears at the end of the movie. "Why did they have to kill him?!" I tell Ron, who is giving me a look for crying over a movie. "Why didn't Spider die?! Why Neteyam?!" I say.

"I can't believe you're crying." He says to me.

"Have some compassion, Aaron." I sniffle, wiping a tear from my face. He just rolls his eyes, "Come on we are the last people here because of your little meltdown."

I smack him, lightly. "Stop being mean because you're jealous of how hot Jake Sully is."

"Im not-- come on." he says, getting up and taking the empty popcorn bin with my empty dibs and water bottle in it.

We exit the theater and throw away our trash, and I am thrown off at how dark it is outside. I knew it would be night time, but it's so trippy walking into the movies during the day and out when it's dark.

I take Ron's hand in mine as we walk to his car, "Did you like it?" I ask him.

He nods, "Better than I thought."

"The next one comes out in 2025, so we got a little bit of waiting time." I tell him. We reach his car and I climb into the passenger seat, buckling up for his crazy driving.

Ron is infamous for going 20 over the speed limit constantly. He claims he doesn't like driving slow, and that going faster makes him get there faster, so why would he drive the speed limit?

My response was safety, to which he rolled his eyes.

"My house?" He asks me, "Duh" I respond.

I roll down the windows and play some country music as we drive, but more like pop country since I am in the mood to sing.

I almost stick my head out of the window, then remember what happened to that girl in that horror movie Ron made me watch months ago, so I don't. I am out of breath when we reach his place, my hair insanely wild and my face feeling super dry from the cold outside air being blown on it.

"One day I will get you to sing with me."

Cue a look.

"Are you not secure in your masculinity? Is that it?" I ask when we get out of the car, knowing me asking that will make him crazy. "You got me." He says, "I knew it." I respond.

We walk into his house and I flop on the couch, my stomach feeling weird, probably from all of the triple butter movie theater popcorn I just ate.

Ron follows, slowly climbing over me. "Aaron, we are in a public place." I remind him when he leans down and kisses me.

"Everyone is at a work dinner." He responds. I give him a look, "Did you skip a work dinner?"

He shrugs, "I didn't want to go."