EP. 9 - Battle of A Thousand Men

Start from the beginning

Kandice gathered her thoughts. "She said... Frieza has come back to life, and he'll be here in an hour with a thousand men."

Kusuke looked down in thought. "Gohan mentioned something about someone making a wish with the dragon balls a few months ago. It must've been to resurrect Frieza..."

"She called on you to go fight," she continued. "She said she called everyone she could, too."

"I'll start getting ready!" Kusuke hurried to find his armor.

Kandice looked to see Noemi curiously observing them. She hurriedly went to change as well.

"What are you doing?" her husband questioned as she put on a white and red kimono top with black spandex.

"I'm going with you," she decided.

"Uh—what about our daughter?!"

Kandice turned to him with a determined calmness. "Gohan must've been called, too. I don't think Videl would go, and I'm sure she won't mind looking after Noemi for a while."

"Weren't you afraid just earlier?"

"Yes," she admitted. "But I don't want our daughter to see me this way. If I'm going be your Queen, I need to be strong. Just as I want Noemi to be strong for when she is Queen one day."

Kusuke smiled lightly. "You don't need to do this so people think you're strong. I already know that you are," he assured her. "But, you won't change your mind, will you?"

"You already know I won't."

"Alright," he gave in. "Let's go."

~~~

Time had gone by, and the main fighters felt when the entirety of North City was obliterated. Gohan and Piccolo arrived at the scene first, followed by Tien, then Krillin and Master Roshi, then Kusuke and Kandice, and lastly the ship from the Saiyan children.

"Oh! All you kids are here!" Kusuke waved.

Niya packed the ship back in its capsule once they all jumped out. "Big brother!" she waved back. "And Big Sister?"

Kandice smiled. "I'm joining the fight this time."

"Cool!"

Gohan noticed Goten and Trunks with them. "Hey, uh, what did Mom and Bulma think about you coming here?"

"Heh," Goten smiled sheepishly. "Mom doesn't know..."

"We flew away from my Mom," Trunks boasted. "She can't stop me."

"TRUNKS!!!"

He flinched when the Patrolman's ship flew overhead and landed. His mother jumped out. "Trunks! Goten!" she stormed over. "Go back home! This is too dangerous for you!"

"But Mom, I'm a Super Saiyan!" Trunks insisted.

"And I've been training!" Goten protested.

"I don't think your mother would want you to be here," Bulma crossed her arms.

"But my Dad would!" Goten retorted, surprising her. "I gotta fight when he's not here!"

Everyone was taken with his words.

Yucca hid her proud smile. "Looks like your training is paying off," she said. "Just stay back, Bulma. We'll take it from here."

"Why are all the Earthlings so problematic?" Jaco sighed and jumped out his ship.

Bulma rubbed her temples. "I suppose your fathers can deal with you two."

"Goku and Vegeta are on their way?" Piccolo asked.