EP. 9 - Battle of A Thousand Men

Start from the beginning

Little Sister squawked and jumped to rest on Goten's shoulders.

Yucca felt more at ease. "Let's wait in the ship you guys came in. I need to contact His Highness..."

Niya pulled out the capsule for her ship and they all entered.

"HEYY!!!" Bulma shouted from below as she came running. "TRUNKS! GOTEN! GET BACK DOWN HERE!!"

Trunks and Goten flinched. "Take us anywhere else, please!!" Trunks yelled to the children.

"Sure thing!" Marmie took control and they soared past the clouds.

Bok pursed his lips. "Do you think she'll be angry with me?"

"Probably only with me," Trunks replied. "But when my dad shows up, I'm sure he'll understand."

"This is pretty big deal, so, I hope Dad helps Mom understand," Goten nervously rubbed his head.

"Why will they be angry?" Roche wondered cluelessly. "This is your chance to get stronger, and to defend your planet?"

Yucca sighed. "Earthlings are different. They don't condone children fighting, even though they had no problem with it when Majin Buu appeared..."

"Woah, I almost forgot Buu was a bad guy before," Trunks blinked. "All he does is eat and sleep now. Lame."

"Wait, Majin Buu is alive?" Bok questioned.

The two half-saiyans began explaining, and Yucca slipped away. She pulled out her communicator to call Prince Montra. When he answered, he could tell by her expression their fears had come true.

"Frieza...?" he questioned.

"The Patrolman confirmed it," Yucca furrowed her brows.

"Merus?"

"I didn't catch his name."

Montra cleared his throat. "Thank you for telling me. I'll start heading there immediately--"

"Don't," Yucca cut him off. "There's no way you can reach Earth in one hour."

He gasped. "D-Damn it!! Why didn't any of our sensors go off?!"

She clenched her fists. "They must've figured out you were tracking them, and deactivated or destroyed them..."

He hung his head in shame. "I am so sorry, Yucca. You, my niece, my nephew, everyone there... Please hold out with your very best. I will bring help--I promise!"

With that, the call ended. Yucca walked back to her comrades.

It was silent, and they were all staring at the screen. It had circled an object in the sky.

"The Emperor's ship is almost here," Marmie trembled.

They could all feel the enormous power emanating from the ship. Even Little Sister hid her face.

~~~

Kandice set the phone down.

Kusuke was on the floor of their house playing with their year-and-a-half old daughter, Noemilla. "That was Bulma, right? What did she say?"

When she didn't respond, he turned to her. "Kandi...?"

She hugged herself with fear.

"Kandi!" he went over. "What happened?"