𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒐𝒏𝒆

Start from the beginning

I walk across the room before walking out, I go to shut the door before dropping my head against it as my hand rests at the door handle.

Fuck sake.

"I love you, goodnight." I say loud enough for her to hear before I shut the door. I stay still for a second, waiting for a response but not wanting her to know I am expecting one.

I nod my head to myself as the house stays silent, I turn around walking down the hall. I push open the guest bedroom door, I sigh flipping on the light brightening up the dark room.

The walls are a light grey in here, it's a medium sized room I would say, the window is right across from the door with white curtains.

The double bed is to the left, it's a darker grey double bed, there's a white night stand beside it along with a little light attached to the wall really for if someone was reading.

I shut the door before slipping out of my clothes before into my dark blue cotton pyjamas, the shirt is long sleeves and half of it buttons up, the shorts are a bit..short but it doesn't bother me.

I look around before grabbing my pants off the floor and getting my phone out. I see a missed call from Carson so I send a message asking what's up.

I turn around opening the door again before going to leave the bedroom, I stop quickly jumping back as I almost step on a certain kitten who meows as she looks up at me.

"You are going to get crushed one of these days, Dorothea." I bend down, picking her up before I walk over to the staircase making my way downstairs.

I jump at the door bell ringing, I walk over to the door, I unlock it before opening it slightly.

"I can't do it, Natalie!" Maria pushes the door open stepping inside as she begins crying, I look outside to Tatum running up the driveway.

"Wha—"

"You're being dramatic, Maria!" Tatum steps inside buttoning up her shirt, I scoff shutting the door as she steps past me following Maria into the kitchen.

"No I'm not!" Maria shouts, I follow them both, crossing my arms. I thought Maria was crying about Charlie...but clearly it's something else.

"Yes you are! You always start shit over nothing." Tatum says and my hand goes to my temple at the raised voices.

"Indoor voices, please." I sigh dropping my hand as I walk over to the cupboard getting out a glass as they keep going back and forth ignoring what I said.

I grab the bottle of gin opening it as one of them slams their hand down the counter, I can't tell as I'm faced away. I glance over my shoulder seeing Maria's hands set down on the island as she yells about Tatum being a liar...

I shut the bottle before picking my glass up and turning around.

"I swear—"

"Shut up, the both of you. What has happened?" I cut Tatum off, they both go to speak and I take a sip of the drink in my hand before setting it down.

"Maria first." I speak calmly, trying to quiet the voices down a little.

"She told me she wanted to get serious—she told me—"