✧˚ · . 𝟎𝟎𝟏.

THE SUN RAYS WERE PARTICULARLY INVITING TODAY, warming the air and filling it with vivacity

THE SUN RAYS WERE PARTICULARLY INVITING TODAY, warming the air and filling it with vivacity. The clouds were barely noticeable and allowed the sun's rays to fall unhindered over Hogwarts. It was the perfect summer day to tan in the sun and enjoy the fresh air or just sit back and relax in the sunshine. It was a beautiful, sunny day.

"Oh, come on," Faye giggled. "It's the very last exam before the summer holidays and you aren't even close to failing. Are you sure you want to take all those books to the lake?" she asked as she watching her pack her bag.

It almost seemed as if an entire library could fit in Lily's bag, with all the books, notes and other study materials she always carried with her. Sometimes Faye wondered if Lily would actually choose to sleep in the Hogwarts library if she had permission, because there was definitely enough knowledge stored there to keep Lily entertained for quite a while.

Faye shook her head in amusement as she lay on her bed, waiting impatiently for her three roommates. She couldn't wait to splash in the water and feel the sand beneath her feet. After such a long school year, she was thrilled to finally be able to enjoy some much-needed time off with her best friends, even if it was just for a day.

Just as Lily was about to defend herself, Marlene's head suddenly poked out of the bathroom. "She's right, forget those bloody ass boring books," Marlene shouted with a toothbrush in her mouth and gave Lily a serious look.

"Oh, she will as soon as James starts flirting with her again," Faye giggled teasingly, before the next moment a textbook headed straight for her. She was able to duck quickly, but unfortunately the book hit Mary, who was in front of her dressing table sat and her lipstick was completely smeared by the force of the blow.

"My lipstick!" Mary shouted, turning her head towards the girls only to see a pink streak on her cheek. But soon the group burst into giggles. "Merlin, you two are dead!" she laughed and armed himself with two thick pillows, heavy enough to knock both girls to the ground.

"Hey!" Faye grumbled. "I didn't do anything."

On Faye's bed, the girls wrestled around, screaming and laughing, each of them with a pillow in her hand.

"Oh Lily-flower, do I have to give you truth serum first, or when are you finally going to admit how well we would fit together?" Faye mimicked James and his amusing attempts at flirting as soon as Lily put the pillow around her ears hit.

"You're impossible!" Lily replied, refusing.

Despite her reluctance to admit it, Lily Evans was quite taken with James Potter. But Faye, Mary, Marlene and everyone else knew that she would eventually come around to the idea. It was as inevitable as the changing of the seasons. Meanwhile, Lily would continue to deny her feelings, her face as red as a beet even as she tried to hide her cheeks behind her disheveled hair.

"Lily-flower," Faye sang, calling Lily by the nickname only James Potter used. As the girls giggled happily, she was met with another hard slap from another overstuffed pillow. As Faye's face was buried in the pillow again , she could hear Mary and Lily laughing at her, their giggles adding to her bruises.

White feathers rained from the sky as a real pillow fight began in the bedroom of the four Gryffindor girls. Soft, angelically light feathers floated around the room, covering everything and everyone within reach.

When Marlene unexpectedly entered the fray, equipped with her own feather pillow, the girls were completely engrossed in the fun-filled competition as her feathers flew everywhere, causing chaos throughout the room.

"Lily-flower," the three of them teased her. Marlene, Mary and Faye teased Lily more and more while hitting each other with the pillows and laughing.

However, Lily quickly defended herself by egging Faye on and saying, "How about you confess your own feelings to yourself first, Avery?" The redhead's green eyes deliberately fell on her friend as she wiggled her eyebrows.

"Ah, is our sweet little Faye in love?" Marlene teased with a grin and supported Lily, who had finally managed to distract herself and James.

"I don't know what you mean," she just shook her head. Of course the three of them knew better, even if Faye didn't even know it herself.

Mary leaned over with a knowing smile on her face, "Mmmh, maybe in a certain Siri-"

But before she could finish, the girls were interrupted by a loud knock on the door. When they looked up they all saw James, Sirius, Remus and Peter standing at the door, their expressions ranging from surprised wide eyes and open mouths to a playful grin from Sirius.

While Lily, Marlene, and Mary tried their best to calm themselves down and keep their faces from getting any redder, Faye just rolled her eyes and laughed. "What are you staring at, Black? Jealous of not having a pillow fight with any of us?" she teased, her dark hair flowing around her as she crossed her arms over her chest.

However, Sirius' grin didn't fade and he remained confident. "Just tell me when you're free, Avery," he teased. "We can spend as much time in bed as you want," he added, his tone even more confident than he always was.

Faye would be lying if she said his comment didn't make her smile a little. It was a mystery to her how he was always so quick-witted with her. And what's more, always so damn confident.

But Faye just huffed at it and threw her bag into his arms. "For that charming comment, you can carry my bag," she just grinned and didn't let on. After all, he was always teasing her. But neither of them ever went further than that.

"Oh, so you find me charming?" Sirius asked with a grin, enjoying how red she blushed.

"Did I say charming?" she began and quickly corrected herself as she moved the colorful sunglasses from her head to her nose. "I meant childish, of course," she smiled in Sirius' face before running outside with the others and hooked her arms around Marlene and Mary.