Chapter 769: The Birth of a Hero? (3)

Start from the beginning

Alberu was the type to trick his allies first.

People like this Chief of Staff were exceptions to Alberu's selection who were still allowed to move about the Annex.

Ron lowered his head at the Chief of Staff's comment.

"My apologies, Chief of Staff-nim. The young master-nim is currently... not in a state in which he can oblige to his Majesty's will."

The Chief of Staff's face stiffened as he cautiously asked.

"...How bad is it?"

Information regarding the patients in this annex was currently top secret. Nobody other than an extremely select few knew about Cale's condition.

Ron took a step toward the Chief of Staff and spoke quietly, as if he was whispering in his ear. Of course, it was loud enough for the guards stationed in the hallway to hear.

"The young master-nim is currently unable to come outside."

It was obvious. Cale was already outside, so he couldn't come out.

"Furthermore, it is difficult to chat with him."

That was right. Cale wasn't here, so chatting with him was difficult unless Ron used a video communication device.

"Hoooo... Is that so?"

The Chief of Staff barely held back a sigh and observed Ron's face. His face showed no signs of lying.

'Hmm. He's not the type to lie about something like this.'

Although the Chief of Staff was speaking casually to Ron right now, he was aware of the things Ron had done in Puzzle City. Despite not knowing Ron's true identity, he knew that Ron was no ordinary attendant.

"I understand. I will inform his Majesty exactly as you told me."

"My apologies once again, Chief of Staff-nim."

"Not at all."

The Chief of Staff stopped walking and turned back to speak to Ron.

The Chief of Staff was someone who needed to put all their attention on information, power, and politics, but he was also a person with emotions and tact.

"I hope that Commander Cale recovers fully very quickly. I have faith that he will."

"Thank you very much."

The Chief of Staff smiled at Ron, who thanked him in a more respectful manner than before, and started walking.

Ron entered the bedroom again after seeing the Chief of Staff depart.

Choi Han headed outside the door instead of Ron. It was so that he could stand guard outside. Choi Han heard Ron open the bedroom window and say something at that moment.

"Go find out about the Chief of Staff."

He could not see anything outside the window. However, Choi Han observed faint movements on the ceiling above the window. The movement was so stealthy that only someone at the sword master level would notice.

"Pffft."

Choi Han chuckled and closed the door.

"Still the same."

Ron was still just as wily.

Of course, Choi Han thought that he himself had not changed either. He strolled through the hallway and made eye contact with people who peeked toward the door.

Nobody would be able to get past him.

He then quietly prayed.

"...Please."