Chapter 672: The new sun has set (6)

Click.

There was silence after the sound of the door closing.

"...Cale."

Deruth Henituse was the first to speak. Deruth, Cale's father... couldn't stop his eyes from shaking as he headed over to the robe-clad Cale.

"Duke."

However, someone got in the way of this emotional father-son reunion.

"Your highness?"

Alberu Crossman quickly walked over to the Duke. Deruth, who was still in his armor, looked more tired than earlier.

"Duke. There is something I need you to do for me. That is why I urgently and stealthily came to find you."

Urgently. Stealthily.

Deruth, who realized the seriousness of those two words, stiffened up while Alberu heard Raon's voice in his head.

– I cast the noise blocking spell.

Alberu immediately continued speaking.

"I am going to die soon."

"...Excuse me?"

Deruth wondered what he had just heard.

"Excuse me?"

That was why he asked once more, and Alberu looked at the empty area past Deruth's shoulder as he recalled what had just happened.

'Dongsaeng. You returned earlier than I expected.'

'Your highness.'

'...Your expression doesn't look good.'

Cale and Raon had barged into the Puzzle City City Hall office.

Clopeh had just burst out of the room after saying that he would set the rumors straight and tell people the truth, while Choi Han said he had a bad feeling about what Clopeh would do and chased after him.

Alberu, who was left alone, had been organizing his thoughts about what else needed to be done. That was when Cale and Raon had arrived.

He could not feel happy after seeing the expression on Cale's face.

His expression gave Alberu a bad feeling.

'Why are you smiling as if you're going to scam someone?'

Cale Henituse. This bastard was smiling. He was smiling as if he was about to cause a big incident.

'Hyung-nim.'

Cale had that mischievous smile on his face as he walked over to Alberu and put his arm on Alberu's shoulder.

'...What the hell are you doing?'

'Hyung-nim. Please die.'

'Hmm?'

As Alberu turned toward Cale...

'Wouldn't the only people left to lead the Roan Kingdom's forces in Puzzle City be the Knight Captain and my father if you were to die, your highness?'

Alberu felt extremely iffy about this, but still responded properly.

'Yes, as long as nobody else comes from the royal family.'

As long as the current king, Zed Crossman, and the second prince did not come to Puzzle City...

'Taking into consideration magic, troops, mercenaries, and other nobles, it is highly likely that Duke Deruth would be the Commander.'

The Knight Captain would only lead the knights and soldiers.

'If I consider the reinforcements coming from the other kingdoms as well, Duke Deruth, your father, would have the proper title to be Commander. Furthermore, Puzzle City is in the Roan Kingdom's northeast region, so the leader of the northeast region would know about this place best.'