Chapter 34: Tears from a Flower

Start from the beginning

After we finished cooking breakfast and lunches for ourselves and for the boys. Fudou came walking downstairs rubbing his eye.

"What's with all the commotion..." He grumbled out, then he saw us girls packing bento boxes and such. He sighs, looking annoyed. "Oh...it's just you three."

I chuckled while the girls got annoyed with his comment, and Sorano got him in a choke hold and gave him a noogie getting him to yelp out and start struggling. After a bit, I decided to help Fudou and ushered Sorano to let him go so he could eat breakfast so we all could go to school before it got too late.

♡~~~♡

The ladies went on ahead while I stayed behind with Fudou, it took a lot of reassurance for them that I'll be okay and that I have Fudou to watch over me. We are walking side by side towards school in silence.

"You know...I still don't understand why you cut your hair." I blinked at his sudden grumbling, smiling softly as we kept walking.

"It's simple...I wanted to. In a way starting over, it helped a little. Why are you still so upset I cut my hair?" I was curious as to why he was so upset over the fact I cut my hair, it's my choice and my hair after all.

"...It's just your hair was so pretty long."

I laugh softly "Thanks, Fudou-san. But hair will grow back so don't worry~" I reassured him with a smile.

"If you say so..." He sighs.

Lunch Time, Outside

Like always Fudou and I eating our lunch under a tree outside of the school. I never really spoke to the others, especially Yoh. I felt bad because he is my friend, but the first time I tried to go up to him I couldn't handle looking at him because he looked like Hao so much that I would start crying and I ran. So I told myself it would be in my best interest if I stayed away from Yoh for now until I could emotionally deal with seeing his face and not cry and have a meltdown. When I gave Fudou a bento, I said I made him lunch and he was surprised making his cheeks turn red. I giggled poking his cheek and causing him to puff out his cheeks, pouting as he starts eating the food I cooked him this morning.

After we finished eating our lunch I brought out books to deal with some homework we had to finish for tomorrow, Fudou brought his homework out too so we did homework together until a voice spoke up making me feel scared and I kept my eyes on my school book.

"Hi, Rosie-chan, Fudou~"

"Oh, hi Yoh. What um...what's up?" I could hear the nervousness in his voice, cause he knew the reason why I couldn't look at Yoh. And the other reason he still feels guilty about the whole Amidamaru is an evil spirit thing. Yoh did forgive him.

"Well...I was wondering if I could speak with Rosie-chan alone. If that's okay with you two?"

My heart dropped to my stomach, and I suddenly felt sick to my stomach but I held it back. 

"Um...sure, but I won't be far okay Lady Rose? I'll be watching like a hawk Asakura." I look at him from the corner of my eye to see Fudou stand up glaring at Yoh.

I stayed silent too afraid if I opened my mouth I would throw up, from this nauseous feeling I've been feeling for three months now. I saw from the corner of my eye on my right side Yoh sitting down next to me legs crossed. I gripped the book tightly, and I jumped startled when he placed his hand over my shaking hand...

"Rosie-chan...I know something is wrong. You've been avoiding everyone but the girls, and mostly avoiding looking at me... Do you hate me for causing his death? If so I know a 'sorry' won't help or ease your pain but I am truly sorry."