The Beast In the Midst (PART ONE)

Meowth paced by the couch anxiously, walking back and forth in front of the unconscious boy. His worry began to get worse as he and Jessie awaited to boy to wake up. Being exposed to so much magic like that, couldn't be good for anybody. Especially a being not used to having that much magic, or any magic at all.

"Jess I'm freakin out here.. I don't even know where that spell came from! You sure he's gonna be okay??"

"He's fine Meowth, his pulse is steady and he's breathing just fine.. if he's anything similar to how witches are with this kind of thing, he should be waking up any minute." Jessie placed her hand over the boys forehead, letting out a sigh. "..I can't blame you for worrying though. Poor kids never been exposed to magic with his body before, I'm surprised he even managed to get Arbok to cast that." A small smile made its way onto her face, as she were amused with the situation.

"I'll have to admit.. I'm kinda impressed. Even in the midst of all that was happening, he still came back for us." Her smile faded as she fell silent, a look of heavy guilt washing over her the instant she put two and two together. Meowth furrowed his brow as he noticed her expression, climbing onto the arm of the couch to meet her gaze.

"Jess.. I know that look. Somethings on your mind."

The pink haired witch averted her gaze, her hands starting to get shaky.

"You said he'd be fine right? What's getting you so worked up now?"

Jessie let out a shaky sigh, taking her hand away from the boys forehead, as if she felt guilty touching him. "..I've.. made a big mistake."

"What're you talking about?" When Jessie didn't answer him, he let out a small growl. "Jessie. What are you talking about- don't tell me you've gotten caught up in something again. We know what happened last time."

"I didn't! At least- I hope I didn't." She felt her hands become shaky again and she quickly stood up, trying to calm herself down. "It's fine Meowth- everything is going to be fine.. just- watch over the human. Make sure nobody comes inside, I need to go lay down for a bit." And with that she turned away to go upstairs. Her expression struck with a heavy guilt Meowth recognized all too well.

The cat was used to Jessie getting into situations that got her in trouble, heck she's gone into debt a few times because of it. And she used to tell him about her troubles all the time. But more recently she'd become quiet about things that bother her. Or things she messed up with. Anything that remotely became a problem, Meowth would be left in the dark about it, while Jessie dealt with the problem herself. The lack of communication only made the talking feline worry ever more. He shook his head as he mumbled a few curses under his breath.. even if he was still a kitten, Jessie's language rubbed off on him.

He hesitantly curled up by Ash's side, feeling the boys steady breathing on his back. "..don't worry human.. I'll watch over you." He let out a yawn and snuggled up under the blanket with the boy, resting his head on his arm. And soon enough he fell asleep too, just praying for the best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jessie paced rapidly in her room, her heels clicking as she stomped in circles. Her eyes wide and her hands still shaky, whatever was on her mind was getting her more antsy than she'd been in a while.

"You've really done it this time you witch! You just couldn't stand up for yourself with this, you could've said no and that boy wouldn't even be here in the first place! And now thanks to you he's in more danger than ever before!" The witch let out a frustrated growl, grabbing her hair with her nails as she sped up her pace.

"Maybe- maybe it'll be fine. Sometimes he forgets about shipments and deals. Maybe he'll forget about this one and you can send him home safely. You know what he harvests from these people- you don't want that poor boy to end up in something worse!"