"Y'all know what to do. Go for their eyes first, then their throats."

  The group lay in wait at the door, weapons raised, holding their breaths.

  But a latch opened on the ceiling, and something dropped inside, and the smoke grenade went off before anyone could think.

  Vex came to with bleary eyes, attempting to push herself up as she heard the door close loudly.

  "Zep?!"

  "Mom--!" Zeppelin replied, stumbling towards the woman.

  Vex could breathe easier, holding her daughter, but as the smoke cleared she realized who it was they had taken.

  "Fuck!"

  The woman cursed, grinding her teeth as the group reconvened, the smoke clearing.

  "We have to get out of here--"

  "Vex--"

  "No, no, they took our people--"

  "Vex, you have to calm down."

  "How the hell do you expect me to do that?!" 

  Vex glared at Maggie, though it was the entire group who was staring at her.

  "We don't know what the hell they're doing to them," Vex continued, "We have to--"

  "Mom. . ."

  Vex attempted to cool the fire of her anger, but it did very little.

  "They'll come back," Zeppelin said quietly, "They'll get out of there, and they'll come back."

  Vex nodded, taking a seat against the wall, tightening her grip on her shitty weapon. 

  She couldn't believe she had let both Dean and Daryl be taken in the blink of an eye.

  The explosion rattled the train car and did little to calm the people inside of it. All at once, Abraham had the same kind of panic Vex had, and all eyes were attempting to peer outside.

  "Hey," Carl said, "My dad's gonna be back. They all are."

  "They are," Maggie agreed, "And we need to get ready to fight our way out with them when they do."

  Vex Williams loathed laying in wait, which was somewhat funny, considering that was all she had done in her job before. It was mostly waiting, watching, and waiting, but now-- now she hated it.

  Hated knowing her brother was out there. Hated that these people had separated her and Daryl mere minutes after they found one another. Hated that she and her daughter were caged in a train car without any real weapons while walkers ran rampant.

  "What's the cure, Eugene?"

  "It's classified."

  Vex let out a snort, one that Abraham glared at.

  "That doesn't exist anymore, pal," Vex sighed.

  "We don't know what's gonna happen," Michonne spoke up.

  "You leave him be," Abraham said.

  "We need to keep working."

  "Yeah, but it's time to hear it," Sasha reiterated, "Cause we don't know what's comin' next."

  "What's next is we get out of this," Tara replied strongly.

  "Even if I told you all, even if I provided step-by-step instructions complete with illustrations and a well-composed FAQ and I went red-ring, the cure would still die with me."