Comfort After Loss

This is set after the events of the Metarex Arc of Sonic X.

"Noooo!" Tails screamed as Cosmo, the Seedrian who he loved, disappeared from sight, as did Dark Oak, the leader of the evil Metarex alien army. He had to shoot her with the Sonic Power Cannon, despite not wanting to, and ran into the medbay on his ship, the Blue Typhoon, bursting into tears.

"Tails?" a familiar voice said from up the stairs.
"Go away!" Tails snapped. "I know it's you, Cream."
"No," Cream replied firmly.
Tails knew that once Cream made up her mind, there was no way he could change it, so he let her in.

"I know how you feel, Tails. Cosmo was my best friend too, and you loved her," Cream told Tails.
Tails wept even more. "Why does it hurt so much?!" he sobbed.
"Because it was real," Cream answered. "But still, is this what Cosmo would've wanted? To see you sad?"

"Cosmo's gone!" Tails shouted, burying his head into Cream's chest. "Cosmo's... gone."
"Cosmo is here," Cream replied.
"No, she's not here, Cream. You have to accept that," Tails admitted.

"Ugh! You just don't get it, do you?" Cream answered. "She's in your heart! You'll never lose her there! I also have a film with all those happy times we had with her. We can watch that if you want."
Tails pulled his head out of Cream's chest and she finally saw his soaked ice-blue eyes.
"Cream...thank you... so much.," Tails said, looking up into her hazel eyes.
"You know, Tails..." Cream said. "Your fearlessness in this battle was kind of adorable."

Tails blushed. "Th...thank you... for comforting me during this crushing loss."
"I've never felt love before... but Tails... if you're willing to... will you be my boyfriend?" Cream asked.

For a dreadful moment, Cream thought she'd made a terrible mistake, but as soon as she felt Tails' lips press against hers her fears were nullified. Her hazel eyes widened as she felt it, but she soon kissed back. She let her body fall into Tails' furry arms that were wrapped around her back, their bodies fully pressed together in this blissful state.

They just continued making out for ages, like lovers were meant to be. Eventually Cream lifted her sweet lips from Tails' and said, "I guess that's your answer."
"Yeah..." Tails chuckled. "I suppose it is. Now then, let's hang out. I mean, just watch movies, play games and stuff."
"And make out, right," Cream smiled.
"Yep. Definitely!" Tails smiled back, as they both left the medbay, holding hands and walked past a surprised Sonic, who then smiled happily.
"I should have known they'd fall for each other..."
"Ha! You owe me fifty bucks!" Knuckles laughed.
"Alright, alright. I'll get it," Sonic admitted. "Just don't disturb our newest couple, ok?"
Knuckles nodded. He wouldn't want to anyway.

One-shot done! Hope you like it! And now, time for my surprise... read on to find out!