The pipe was held by Raaghav such that he drenched them both equally.

Just then they heard Bela kaki, "Yeh bhagwaan!! yeh kya haal bana rakha hai aap dono ne! "

Why wouldn't she yell, after all they both were looking like some monkeys, fully drenched with mud and water.

Hearing Bela kaki, both of them put the pipe down and stood there, with their heads down, like some children being caught by there mother for having done masti.
Though they were trying hard to control the laugh that was failing to spill through their mouths.

"Abhi jaayein aur naah-dho lijiye! Warna kahi bimar na padh jaye! ", Bela kaki said, being worried looking at both their conditions.
" Ji kakisa! "They both listened to her as obedient children and rushed to get themselves cleaned.

____________ _________________ _____________

~ few days later~

It was around 12'30 in the night. Vaidehi and Raaghav were fast asleep, just then Vaidehi's phone started ringing.

After three- four rings she woke up, only to know that she'll have to rush to the hospital. Since she was also recruited in the trauma and care service, she was the surgeon who had to deal with accident cases.

She quickly got up and got ready to leave. Though the phone call had disturbed Raaghav aswell but it was the shuffling to which he woke up.

"Vaidehi, kya huwa! ", he asked in his hoarse sleepy voice.
If it was any other day, Vaidehi would have described the churn that she felt in her stomach hearing his voice. But nevertheless now she had to rush.

" Kuch nahi.. Aap so jayiye! "She said, as she checked her purse for necessary stuff.
By now Raaghav was wide awake, he turned on the light only to find Vaidehi ready in her work wear.
" Aap kahi ja rahi hai kya? "He asked.
" Woh actually hospital se call aaya tha! Emergency hai. I'll leave! Aap soyiye! Subah tak I'll return., "she said .

" Jayengi kaise aap! "
"I know to drive,Raaghav! " , she said with a duh tone.
"I know! " He said as he got up from the bed and went inside the closet.
Thinking he is gone to use the washroom, Vaidehi shouted from outside, "Raaghav hum nikal rahe hai, chinta maat karna! I'll be back as soon as possible! "

Just as she was exiting the room she heard, " Rukhiye! "
Raaghav had worn a jacket over his tshirt and in the same track pants ,was following her.
"Huh? "
"Chaliye! "
"Aap.. Kaha! "
"Dekhiye Vaidehi! Ek toh hum yaha argue karke time waste kar sakte hai ya we discuss it in the car. Toh chaliye"
Saying this he went pass her, going down stairs.

Settling in the car, Raaghav started off to the hospital.
Vaidehi was feeling bad for having disturbed his sleep.
"Aapko aise chehra latkane ki jarurat nahi hai!", Raaghav said understanding what she was thinking about.
" Aapko aise aane ki jarurat nahi thi. I could have managed. ", she retorded.
"I know you could have managed, but I wanted to. ", he said.
" Bevajah nind qurbaan kar di aapne! ", she said.
" Aapke liye kiya kuch bhi bevajah nahi hai! "He said softly, so much so that she couldn't hear it.
" Why! Just to protect me? ", she asked
"Huh.. Protect.. Tum khud hi kaafi ho khudke liye! " He said.
"Woh mhuje bas, aise.. Night drive karne ka maan kiya toh... Isliye.. Bas.. " He further tried lying.
"Kuch bhi ha! I know you are doing this out of protectiveness, ek abla nari itni raat akele kya karegi vibes. But believe me, you don't have to protect me. Just because I am a women doesn't me I can't protect myself. ", Vaidehi said.
Frankly, all these little little acts of Raaghav was giving her butterflies, but she wasn't used to the attention. Being ignored from ages, she had stopped expecting from people, but this man here, was just crossing all the levels of expectations that anyone could ever set.

"I am not doing this because you are a woman! I am doing this because you are my woman!", Raaghav said directly looking into her eyes.
His words, his eyes and the intensity spoke at length.

He again concentrated on the road as he continued, " Aur ha, meri biwi ek abla naari toh hai hi nahi! , get that in your head miss! "
"Mrs! "She quickly replied,which made Raaghav chuckle.

On reaching the hospital, Vaidehi got down from the car, and wavered Raaghav to leave.

He waited till she entered in.

After that he left.

~ After three hours~

It was around 3'30 that Vaidehi returned from the ot.
The operation was successful.
She headed towards her office room after instructing the Junior doctors about looking after the patient.

On entering the office the room. The sight in front made her look in awe.

Raaghav was sleeping with his hands supporting his head, as he laid on the chair. His head was falling to and fro once in a while.
He looked so surreal and cute that Vaidehi just stared at him, like he is the most wonderful creation of the Almighty.

She moved towards him and settling on a chair just beside his, admired him. While looking at him, she remembered all the times when he made her feel real, it was
as if she was reminiscing all the times that they both spent together.

The wedding , it was never going to bring peace to her, atleast that's what she had thought back then, but now looking at the man in front of her, it felt that all that ever happened was worth it. The wedding , on which she had shed so many tears back then, gave her the most precious person of her life - "her Raaghav".
If he would be at the end of the tunnel of cries and problems that she went through all her life before meeting him, then it was all worth it, she thought.
Raaghav bought peace to the soul of her's that was always troubled. He was healing something he didn't even break. She was out of her shell now. She knew she needed nothing but him.

But she didn't knew that this is what love feels like.

The only man in her life, her father had always told her, " Ek din ek rajkumar aayega aur tumhe dur le jayega gudiya! "
She now knew that Raaghav was the Rajkumaar her father always talked about, that she always wanted.

Just then Raaghav got awake.
"Arey aap aah gayi! "
Vaidehi came out of her trance.
"Umm ha abhi.. "
"Aur kuch bacha hai, ya chale? "
"Aapko nhind nahi aay rahi? Gaadi chala.. She was saying just then he interrupted
" I am used to it, Vaidehi..

"Thik ha chalte hai! ", saying this she picked up her stuff.

After starting the car, Raaghav headed towards the mahal.

" Aap toh ghar chale gaye the na? "
"Ha..
" Toh? "
"Woh.. Actually.. Midway mhuje yaad aya, aapne yeh toh kaha tha ki pick you up, but kab woh nahi bataya, toh i thought ki tum ot mei hogi so call karna toh fizul hai, so i thought of waiting. ", he said rubbing his neck.

He, without even knowing was caring for her more than his own self now. She was slowly becoming more important than his own self.

Vaidehi looked at his nervous self, and after staring for a minute or two busted out laughing.

" Aapko pata hai, aap kitne cute sound kar rahe hai ! "She said in between her laughs.

After reaching the mahal, they retired to bed.

_________ _______________________ __________

Hope the chapter's good enough!🐨
Do vote and comment! ✨
Love Love ❤