"Aap Thik toh hai na?"

Hearing his honey coated voice he lifted his dead eyes and stared into her. Roop instantly shivered when his eyes met her. She just wanted to ask if he was okay or not when she saw him rubbing his forehead with fingers.

Tears slipped from her eyes seeing his dead eyes. She felt that he was going to again shout at her and just this thought made her eyes filled with tears. It's not like she is weak but after staying for almost six months with him she came to know that his anger is even worse than death.

"I..am.sorry.."

She fumbled with her words while closing her eyes tightly. Shaurya looked at her tears-stricken face and his guilt only doubled.

"Roop."

Hearing his calm yet deep voice she opened her eyes. Shaurya took a step towards her, but fear gripped her heart and her step moved back without her knowing.

Seeing her moving back made him feel worse. He knows why she moved back like that. It's because of his anger and his behavior towards her from the past six months.

Clenching his jaw and closed eyes he whispered.

"Roop, I won't hurt you ever."

He opened his eyes and observed her getting relaxed hearing his words. Feeling her relax he thought to continue whatever he wanted to say.

"I know I have never treated you like a husband should treat his wife. And I am really sorry for this. I know I should have apologized to you long back, but I couldn't. I know we have been married for almost six months but still we are strangers to each other. Because of me you are suffering, and I don't want it. If you want to leave me...you. Are free to leave. I don't want you to suffer in this loveless marriage. I can't give you the love you deserve. My past won't let me trust you. I am sorry."

Roop listened to everything with alert ears. She felt the hurt in his voice and the eyes which were always dead are filled with tears. She felt bad for him and seeing him in his vulnerable state made her feel sad.

Maybe they are not close but in these six months they both have created a connection between, and she can't see him like this.

She didn't know what came into her mind and she moved to him and wrapped her arms around his neck and engulfed him in her arms. She felt him stiff in her arms, but she didn't move back.

Shaurya didn't know what she was doing but someone hugged him after so long. And this hug is the only thing which his heart needed from long back.

He didn't hug her back nor move back. He let her do anything she wanted.

"I don't know what happened to you in your past. But just because of someone else in your past you kept pushing me away for six months. I don't complain about it. I understand you. If you don't want to trust me then don't. Everything takes time and trust isn't a cake which can be made in an hour. Trusting someone is a slow process and it can take a lifetime and I can wait a lifetime for you to trust me."

As she finished her words, she felt him pulling her closer and snuggling in her neck. Tears fell from their eyes but gulping down the lump in her throat she continued.

"Let's give us a chance and try to work on this marriage. Just once."

"I can't."

He whispered back and Roop felt his tears on her neck and her heart clenched seeing him crying like a baby. She didn't say anything further and let him cry till his eyes couldn't produce more tears.

It was the first time that Shaurya was crying in front of someone but crying in front of his wife didn't make him feel ashamed. He felt good that finally someone is there with him who will understand his feelings.