Chapter 196 - There's a Dragon? (1)

The clouds of war covered the Henituse territory.

The Western continent was quiet on the outside ever since the Roan Kingdom's proclamation. However, that was just the calm before the storm.

Rain City, the location of the Henituse Castle.
The shoulders of all of the citizens inside the city were curled up in fear.

The citizens who were walking alone or in groups of three or four all had odd expressions on their faces. Fear, worry, and even some other emotion were all visible on their faces.

One of the citizens who had been walking with a friend pulled his jacket tighter because of the cold weather as he slowly looked around.

He could see the newly fortified castle wall. It was a tall and thick wall.
He could also see soldiers and knights walking around on top of the wall.

The citizen's gaze then headed up to the sky.

"...Someone with such a weak body is doing so much."

His friend stopped walking and looked up at the sky as well after hearing him speak.

The tall castle wall surrounded the entire Rain City. However, even that wall could not reach the sky.
The citizens could see the cloudy gray winter sky.

'Wyverns are going to invade through the sky?'
They couldn't help but feel fear.

However, there was a silver light that caught their attention even more than the cloudy sky.

Rain City. This city could be considered to be small in size. A faint silver shield was currently surrounding the city. The other emotion that was visible on the faces of the citizens along with the fear and worry was relief.

"...Didn't they say that he coughs up blood whenever he uses the shield?"
"That is the case."

His friend answered back with a calm expression. The citizen fixed his gaze up at the sky and started to speak.

"It's already been three days."

The Roan Kingdom's northern territories became the most dangerous locations after crown prince Alberu showed the video of the wyverns and claimed that the Roan Kingdom would not lose.
The northeast region was the region with the highest risk of attack.

The enemy kingdom of Norland. The Henituse territory in the northeast region was the closest territory to Norland that was across the Forest of Darkness.
That was why the citizens could not help but be in a state of chaos.

However, Rain City had been covered by a silver light starting from the night of the proclamation.

They had no idea when the war would begin.
The silver shield had not lost its light for even a moment during these past three days.

"Won't he faint if he uses such a large shield? Why doesn't he just activate it when those northern bastards come?"

His friend shook his head and responded back.

"Can't you tell? He doesn't want to see us or the territory getting hurt at all."
He could not say anything to his friend's response.
Looking up at the sky told him that this was true. Even the tall castle walls could not stop the wyverns. There were also only a few mages in the Roan Kingdom who could attack something in the sky.

That was why the weak young master Cale was overusing his ancient power.
The citizen's heart was running wild. At that moment, one of his other friends casually added on.

"I thought he was trash."

The citizen could not help but shout toward his friend.

"Bad! How could you!"