Chapter 167 - Perhaps (2)

Start from the beginning

'There is no way to decipher the language of the gods. Only the qualified can listen to it or read it.'

Cale asked the crazy priestess.

"Miss Cage, are you curious about it?"
"I am not curious about it at all either."

'As expected.'
Cale pointed to the book after seeing that Cage always seemed to think the same way he did about things like this.

"Can you keep it safe for me?"
"Sure. I heard that most of the God of Death's divine items were gone. I will keep it safe and hand it over to you when you need it, young master-nim."

She started to tap on the book.
The way she tapped made it feel like she considered it more of an obnoxious item than a precious item.

"I think regular people will struggle and have nightmares because the book is full of an ominous aura."
"That must be why I had a nightmare!"

Raon shouted in response before glaring at the book once again.
Cale tilted his head to one side.

'Nightmare? Struggle?'
Cale had not had any issues sleeping. In fact, he probably slept better than ever.

'... This is weird.'

Cale thought that it was weird, but turned his head after hearing a noise.

Clang. Clang.
The tea inside the teacup seemed like it would spill as the cup clanked against the plate underneath.

"...Saint-nim?"

Cale called out to him, but Jack just continued to shake without being able to answer.
The teacup in his hand looked as if it would fall down at any moment.

'And why is he acting like this?'

Cale started to frown as he had no idea what was going on. Jack then finally managed to respond.

"I, I was trying to drink some tea because it suddenly got cold. T, that was all I was trying to do."

'Cold?'
There was someone who took the teacup out of Jack's hand while Cale was trying to figure out what was going on.

Clang!
Cage almost slammed the teacup on the table before sternly speaking to Jack.

"It is a god."

'God?'
Cale became even more confused.

"Jack-nim, that is the aura of a god."

The crazy priestess Cage had figured out what Jack was feeling. A cold and scary feeling that could not be resolved by something like hot tea.

'...He can't hear the words of his god, but I guess he can still feel it.'

She thought that it really was fate that Jack became a Saint.
Although he could not hear anything the god said to him, he could at least feel it when the god was looking at him. She opened her mouth to speak.

"The aura of a god is scary, chilling, and cold."

Although she complained about how the God of Death was whining and swore all the time in response, she had not let go of her identity.
Just as how being excommunicated did not stop her from living her life following her own philosophy, her identity as a priestess kept her from avoiding her god.

"...Miss Cage."

Jack clasped his shaking hands together and looked toward Cage. He had calmed down a bit after a priestess serving the God of Death put her hand on him.

"Jack, what do you want to do?"

Jack reached his hand out at her question.
He seemed to be reaching for the compact mirror.
The compact mirror was soon placed in his hand. Cale had put it in there.