Chapter 154 - Rolling in By the Vine (1)

Start from the beginning

"The Cat tribe does not like to appear in the world. They also specialize in assassinations."

The Cat tribe was well-known in the Eastern continent, however, not as well in the Western continent.
They lived stealthily while avoiding other people. Furthermore, they were talented in assassination, stealth, and information gathering.

Eruhaben continued to whisper in a curious voice.

"Do you think he is trying to kill someone?"

'...Is that something I want to know?'
Cale felt his ear starting to get cold after hearing what Eruhaben had to say. He learned something useless again.

'Let's forget about it.'

Cale decided to forget about it.
However, things ended up twisting in a weird way.

"This is where young master Cale Henituse-nim will be staying."

The servant from the Empire pointed to one of the rooms in the tower next to the tower Alberu was staying in.
The servant then introduced himself and the people around him.

"You can leave all your errands and random needs to me. These individuals are the knights who are assigned to this tower, young master-nim."

The five knights bowed and briefly introduced themselves.
The red-haired Cat was among the group. It would have been impossible to tell that he was a Cat if Raon had not told him.

'Ha, this...'
Cale avoided the Cat.

"We will not assign any guard to your door as you have brought some guards with you, young master-nim. However, we will assign some knights if you would prefer us to do so."
"No. There is no need for any more of them."

Cale rejected the servant's offer.

"Then please call me if you need anything, young master-nim."
"Sure."

Cale sent the servant away and entered the bedroom. He heard Raon's voice at that moment.

– Human! There is someone hiding in the ceiling above your bed! He is spying on you! Oh, his stealth is at the level of the sculptor who made the amazing rabbit! It's pretty good!

'I knew it would be like this.'
Cale looked indifferent.

Although there were many rooms in the tower where Alberu was staying, they had assigned Cale to the next tower over. It was different than the rest of Alberu's assistants, who were all assigned to the same tower as Alberu.

'Adin must be curious about me.'

Although the Imperial Prince may have been hesitant to spy on someone in the envoy, he must have been curious about Cale.

'Since I put out the Jungle fire.'

Cale was the person who had single-handedly put out the fire in the Jungle.
Originally, a shaman would come over from the Eastern continent at a later time to put out the fire.

'But that is weird as well.'

Knowing that Arm and the Empire were working together, Cale was suspicious of that shaman who had come over from the Eastern continent in the novel. How did the shaman put out a magic fire that water could not put out?

What if that shaman was a member of Arm?
What if that was all part of the ploy?

Then all of those highest-grade Magic stones that the shaman found would have gone to the Empire and Arm.

'How terrible.'

It sounded like a terrible situation.
However, it was a possible theory. That incident would lead to shamans being welcomed into the Jungle.