Chapter 116 - Great and Mighty (4)

Start from the beginning

'If it is someone such a righteous person can trust, wouldn't it be okay?'

He could not be certain about it, but Pendrick felt like he could trust Cale because Cale had stepped up once again for a situation where he had nothing to gain.

"Oh, one more thing."
"Yes?"

Cale turned back around and started to speak.

"Are you going to the Whipper Kingdom alone?"
"Ah, yes sir. I believe that will be the case."
"Then let's go together."
"Excuse me?"

Cale gently smiled toward Pendrick.

He thought that it would be better to have an Elf from the Elf Village who had a connection with the Gold Dragon when they went to meet him. If possible, he wanted to take everyone that he could. Of course, he would be in the way back of their group, maybe even hiding behind Choi Han.

"The Whipper Kingdom is currently a dangerous place to move around alone. You'll be safe if you go with us. We have things to do there anyway."

The current Whipper Kingdom was a mess.

The Whipper Kingdom has been on a one-way train to hell ever since Toonka became the Commander-in-Chief last fall. Of course, none of the Whipper Kingdom's residents knew that they were headed for despair.
Cale looked toward Pendrick, who had an apologetic look on his face.

"I can't burden you so much-."
"No such thing. Stop thinking about such useless things. It'll probably be better so that you know where the prisoner ends up as well. Just think about it."
"... Thank you very much."
"No need to thank me. Shouldn't we all help each other out?"

Pendrick started to smile. It looked even purer and brighter because his face was so handsome. Of course, Cale was paying more attention to Beacrox, who was looking at him with an iffy look on his face.

"You are right. Young master-nim, you are definitely right."
"Yes, everything I say is right."

Cale played along with Pendrick using a joking tone before heading out of the underground prison. He could hear Pendrick speaking to him as he walked.

"I will discuss it with the Chief as quickly as possible."

That was exactly what Cale wanted.
Cale started to walk faster. There was someone he needed to discuss this with as well.

To be more specific, he needed to tell the person he planned on dumping Balbud on.

***

Cale, who returned to the Chief's house, immediately ordered Raon to check the surroundings.
There were no bugs nor recording magic in the house, probably because they knew that Cale was with a Dragon.
Cale walked into the guestroom that the Chief had created for him and had his group guard the door.

"Raon."
"Alright, human."

Raon revealed himself in the air.

Cale put the video communication device on the table and sat down on the couch. Raon started to connect the video communication device at Cale's signal.

A person's face appeared on the device after a moment.

– Long time no see.

It was crown prince Alberu. Alberu's eyes showed just the slightest bit of happiness to see Cale.

"Your highness, you still remain the vibrant star in the hearts of the citizens."

However, Alberu immediately started to frown after hearing Cale's greeting.

– What do you want from me now?
"You really understand me now. I am filled with admi-."
– Enough.

Cale closed his mouth and started to smile. Alberu started to frown, as if he found Cale's smile to be disgusting.