episode 17

Ibrahim POV

" pargali. " the young Sultan Suleiman, my lifelong friend ,brother and owner called my name. Pulling me from my daze. " evet, hünkarim? " I said as the fireworks glowed in the background.

" do you think I'll make a good Sultan? " the Sultan asked me, but by his smile I could already tell how confident he was and that he expected a positive answer. " I'm certain, Hünkarim. "

He chuckled at that and then we continued watching the fireworks.

In the distance I saw the many ships coming to Istanbul. Most of them were the gifts for the new sultan. Be it slaves, gold, or some other goods. Everyone was trying to be on the Sultans good sides. Even though most people underestimated him.

________

" Sümbul agha! " I called out to the saraiy agha. " Evet Chamberlain Ibrahim? " the agha asked me with a bow. " is everything alright in the harem? Have the new slaves arrived? " and so we discussed some harem matters.

I went back to my chambers that were right next to the Sultans. I thought about my past , my present and my future. My thoughts couldn't help from going towards Hatice Sultan. The Sultan of my heart. Sultan Suleiman may have been the owner of my body but Hatice Sultan was the owner of my soul. I know it's forbidden to even have these thoughts. But still.

I'm sure the Sultana returns my feelings but we both knew we could never be together. But there was one thing that connected us. The violin. And so I took my violin off it's case and went to the balcony, I started playing the song that I knew by heart.

____________

" Pargali, time to go " the Sultan said as he got out of the divan. I wasn't able to participate in it or enter the room because I had no status. Oh, how that made me feel... But I knew I had to know my place. " evet, hünkarim " I said as I bowed and started following the man.

On our way to the Sultans chambers we had to pass by the harem. I noticed the long line of girls. The new slaves.

They seem to have been cleaning. At this hour? I will have to ask Sümbul of that. My eyes caught a fiery red color, eyes instantly moving towards it. It belonged to the hairs of a beautiful slave girl. She was one of the most beautiful girls I've seen in my life. She looked young.

I knew it was forbidden for me to mingle with the Sultans harem so I tried to keep my eyes straight on the Sultans back.

My blood froze at the woman began to shout.

( small time skip)

The Sultan held the hatun that has fake fainted. I couldn't believe what was happening. That's a vixen.

My eyes glanced at the girl next to the vixen. Now that was definitely the most beautiful girl I've seen. She looked like when was of Royal blood, what amused me the most is the poker expression she held on. While every other girl was having a panicked expression on. She looked like she wasn't buying the girls act.

A small smile but with a small smirk made it's way on my face as she let out a soft huff of air when the girl fainted for real this time. I don't know if it's because of how wrongly the girl pronounced the Sultans name or something else.

Then my smile fell when I realized the girl fainted for real.

____________

My mind was spinning. There I was thinking of three women of the same time. Every single one of them taking my mind by storm. But I knew I couldn't be with either. Am I going to die alone? Hatice Sultan was noble and kind. The fiery girl was like fire itself. While the beautiful girl was very smart.