He didn't think his first date with Y/N would be breaking into the pantry to get some food...

Zenitsu trembled just thinking about the worst possible outcomes of this! The ceiling could cave in, the walls could squish them, the mansion could burst into flames, or worse...

Aoi could catch them!

"AAAHHH!! SHE'S ALREADY SO MEAN TO ME!!" Zenitsu screeched loudly, throwing his hands up in panic.

"Eh? Who are you talking to?" Y/N asked as the boy responded to his thoughts aloud. The lightning male jumped onto Y/N, latching himself around her waist and burying his face into her stomach.

"Uh-Uhm, Y/N, I think we should go back and act like this didn't happen!" Zenitsu cried into the girl's shirt. "I won't be able to do anything if Aoi catches us because I'm so horribly weak!! And- and what if some creature comes out and tries to catch us, huh?! I know you'll be fine, but it'll gobble me up like a noddle!!" Zenitsu exclaimed, tears streaming down his face.

Y/N blinked at him before cupping his face, making the boy suddenly shut up immediately and blush.

"Y-Y/N?"

"You worry too much, Zeni, shishishi~!" The girl laughed, messing with his face. The boy's red blush only deepened by the nickname. "And besides," Y/N started again, taking his hand and pulling him to his feet. "If anything happens, I'll protect you!" 

Zenitsu stared at Y/N, breathlessly. The grin on her face was sincere and proud. The warmness of her hand seemed to make any of his nerves disappear. The way her fingers intertwined with his made his heart pound in his chest.

"So, don't worry, m'kay."

Zenitsu looked up at her, a newfound determination in his chest as he tightened his grasp on Y/N's hand for comfort.

He could be brave for her, couldn't he?

"M'kay."

"!!!"

Tanjiro sprang up from his bed, sweat dripping from his head and tears threatening to form in his eyes. He sat in his bed for a couple of seconds, looking around, figuring out where he was. He took a few gasping breaths, trying to even out his unsteady breathing.

Wet tears formed in his eyes as his hands tightly gripped the blanket over him. He bit down on his teeth, trying to keep himself together.

It was just another nightmare...

Lately, Tanjiro hasn't been able to sleep peacefully. Every night, when he closes his eyes, he always opens them before the sun could grace the sky and welcome the day. Fear and horror plagued his sleep, leaving him restless.

They were so detailed and vivid. As if they were actually happening. And in every single nightmare, he lost somebody he cared about. In the worst way possible.

It didn't matter if he had already lost them in this lifetime or not. 

"Calm down, Tanjiro... It was only a dream." He muttered to himself, reassuring himself that it wouldn't happen again. 

It's okay...

It's okay...

It's oka- wait, is that Y/N?

Tanjiro's reassuring talk to himself was interrupted by the straw hat girl coming into the bedroom. Tanjiro, Inosuke, Zenitsu, and Y/N all sleep in the same room in the butterfly mansion. The burgundy haired boy had expected all of them to be sleep, but here Y/N is, coming through the door.