four

(a/n: sorry, but this one is a short one. enjoy, next chapter we meet w/ tanjiro again~!)

"Shishishi~! Tangerines are good, but I prefer meat!"

Y/N laughed loudly as she munched on her new bunch of meat in a restaurant. The restaurant owner was astonished that the girl hasn't thrown up and was still stuffing her face on her 54th serving.

"W-Will this be all?"

"Nah! I need one more round!!" She said that 53 rounds ago.

"A-Alright." She agreed. After the place had run out of meat, Y/N was skipping out of the restaurant, whistling freely.

The girl walked through the streets, relaxed. The streets were bustling with people and he next mission was soon. She was on her way, but she can barely get anywhere through the crowds of people.

She quickly took a left to walk through the alley. She had a grin on her face. No one was around here! It's so easy to get through!

As the girl was walking through the alleys, she spotted a man through the darkness. A gloomy looking man.

The man had black curly hair and a black suit. He had a hat on top of his hair. His hat was mostly covering his eyes, but Y/N could tell that his eyes were blood red, and his pupils were slit. His skin was really pale. His entire aura emitted the 'if-you-ever-feel-safe-remember-i'm-still-alive' message.

A normal person would just shake in fear just walking by him.

"Hey, are you okay? You look kinda pale."

...And then there's Y/N.

The man halted in his tracks, red veins in his eyes. Anger flowed through his veins faster than blood ever could. This random girl had just said the trigger words. She had no idea who this man was, but this man was a demon.

And not any kind of demon.

THE demon.

Muzan Kibustsuji. The oldest demon alive. The demon who makes people demons. The deadliest and craziest demon there is.

And this girl had really done it.

No one calls Muzan Kibustsuji pale or sickly. Not if they want to live.

And it's even worse.

She has that straw hat.

That same goddamn straw hat he had.

Anger and hate flowed through the demon's veins. The desire to murder this girl on the spot was strong. He just wanted to wring her neck and hold her there.

"MEAT SALE!! 50% OFF!!"

He wanted to peel her skin and watch her blood pool on the ground. He wanted to torture her for eternity. He wanted to-

Wait. Where the hell did she go?

Muzan turned around to see his next target gone. His eyes slightly widened before narrowing in sheer anger. Everytime. Everytime.

EVERYTIME FUCKING TIME THE STRAW HAT GETS AWAY!!!

Muzan sighed as his nails dug into the nearest person's head.

Unlucky for him, it was one of his lower ranking demons.

Now he has to find a substitute.

First that one brat with the hanafuda earrings and now, this girl with the straw hat?

Always, no matter who wears it, that straw hat always gets away. It's so infuriating.

God, he hated that straw hat.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

taisho era secret!

muzan's history with that hat goes back way back in time. he's really afraid of that one person, but he's more pissed off with them than terrified. they were annoying.