Chapter 13: Superiority

Start from the beginning

Luna : She is strong...

The newcomer took her wand and formed a block of ice midair knocking the monster out...a clean and fast job.

Lyra Pov

Lyra Ashwald, from a lower baron family I always did my best to achieve perfection...since my family had lost a lot of influence through age.

My goal is simple: I want to restore my family's fame.

That's why I always worked harder than anyone to reach the top until I met her...Sola Lavane, a genius I couldn't beat...

Even after years passed with her, training with her, learning with her...i could just watch the gap between us increase.

Well...it would be natural from a higher noble family member to be that good...I could just stare at her doing everything I did better.

Ultimately, I had abandoned catching her up and just did my best to stay second of my grade...it was frustrating but I understood how lucky I was to be second behind such a genius.

Now, I have helped a junior from the knight class...he tried to subdue a monster but failed miserably.

Lyra : Are you okay ?

Boy : A-ah, yes ! Thank you !

Bowing, he blushed before running away...weirdo.

Lyra : Still, how could a savage monster run wild in this prestigious academy, how irresponsible of our instructors.

I sighed and went on checking the monster, the teacher should already be on their way.

3rd Pov

Walking away, Dawn didn't care enough of Lyra to go to her...the only thing in common they had was Ice magic but again her control could be the best in the kingdom at the end, Snowie would dominate when it came to Ice.

Parting away with Luna, Dawn went back to his room before sneaking out, he wanted to be alone for a while.

His destination was the training field...a hidden one or rather rarely used.

Dawn : My eyes are hitching for a while.

Rubbing his right eyes, since he had used his unique skill : Reader against Luna, his right eyes started convulsing.

At first, he thought it was a backdrown effect from the skill but now he feels like something had changed or rather it had evolved.

Dawn : I can see further...

The property of the air, the raw material and chemical composition of the ground, he could also deduce the age of the training sword and when they were crafted as he could read the detail of the material.

Dawn : That's...insane.

He couldn't believe his own eyes, grabbing a training sword he swung the air...his eyes scanning as transparent lines fluctuated around his blade.

Dawn : I wonder what use it could be to me...

Looking down at his hand, detail like his own blood slowly flowing inside his veins could be perceived.

Each of his movements were slowed down when he focused his eyes on it...sub skill : Instinctive thought acceleration.

Dawn : I see...so everytime i focus my eyes to analyze something, thought acceleration is activated.

This was good news...he smirked as many doors just opened to him.

Another day then passed and Dawn was now in practical class...the dear bull he had seen the previous day was there in a cage.
Dozens of them for the student to gain experience against true monsters.