Chapter 3: Jotunheim

——————————🐍——————————

The seven of them marched out into a courtyard of the Palace and approached a king table that contained weapons and pieces of armor.

"First we must find a way to get past Heimdall." Thor instructed.

"That will be no easy task." Volstagg warned. "It's said that the Gatekeeper can see a single drop of dew fall from a blade of grass a thousand worlds away."

Fandral rolled his eyes and laughed. "Yes, and he can hear cricket passing gas in Nifleheim."

"Jest not. He heareth all." Volstagg said.

"Please. Getting past him should be simple enough now. Since he seems to be letting Frost Giants sneak by under his nose." Fandral teased.

"Oh, forgive him. He meaneth no offense." Volstagg muttered.

They all started walking towards the horses that were waiting for all of them to ride except for (Y/n). She was waiting for Loki who had stopped to talk to one of the guards lined up outside.

Once he was done, he turned and noticed her waiting for him. Loki approached her as she finished sheathing a sword in her belt.

"Are you sure you want to do this? I am by no means criticizing your abilities, but the Jotuns are formidable foes." He told her.

"I'm sure Loki. Besides, someone has to be there to look after you." She joked, nudging her shoulder with his.

Loki smirked. "Oh? A little cocky aren't we darling?"

She pretended to think. "True. Where oh where would I have picked that up, I wonder?"

(Y/n) gave him one last teasing smile and went to go over to where their friends were, when Loki suddenly grasped her forearm and pulled her back.

"Listen, I want you to promise me you'll stay close to me at all times during this mission." He requested.

(Y/n) sighed. "Loki, I can take care of my—."

"I'm not doubting you love. This is merely for my own peace of mind. I would be devastated if something were to happen to you. Promise me."

She was admittedly a little reluctant, but she knew his concern only came from a place of caring.

"Alright, I promise." She agreed.

"If you two are done flirting, we'd like to get going!" Thor yelled from a few feet away.

Both of them felt their faces grow warm, but went to join the rest of their friends.

Loki climbed into his horse, and held a hand out for (Y/n) to join him.

She arched a brow at him. "What? I don't get a horse?"

"Have you ever ridden a horse before?" Loki asked.

"...No..."

"And you did promise to stick by me for this little journey did you not?"

"Yes, but I thought that only applies to when we were in Jotunheim." (Y/n) argued.