Chapter 2: Break In

——————————🐍——————————

PRESENT DAY

A crowd of thousands gathered in the tall golden palace of Asgard to witness the coronation of Thor as the new King of Asgard.

A now adult Thor stood at the end of a walkway that lead to the stairs which climbed up to the throne where Odin sat waiting for him.

Thor was wearing his silver helmet, shining armor and a red cape which flowed down his back. He raised up his hammer, as the crowd cheered and clapped for him.

He confidently tossed the hammer in the air as he strutted down the path.

A woman with long black hair and armor named Sif stood on the stairs leading up to the throne and rolled her eyes.

"Oh, please." She muttered.

Thor raised his arms, encouraging the cheers of the crowd as he approached the bottom of the stairs. Once he did, he kneeled in front of his father and removed his helmet and set his hammer down.

He looked up at an older blonde woman in a beautiful dress fluttered with jewels, and gave her a wink. His mother, Frigga, gave him a look, and he lightly shook her head.

He glanced to the right of and saw three men standing on the steps. One had blonde hair and a mustache, another was heavier and had a big bushy brown beard, and the third had black hair that was tied up into a bun. They were Fandral, Volstagg, and Hogun. Also known as the Warriors Three.

Odin slowly rose from his throne, and banged his staff on the ground, the echo making the whole crowd go silent.

"Thor Odinson, my heir, my first born."

Standing between their mother and the female warrior stood Loki. He had grown much older as well. He was tall and muscular with shape features. Armor covered his body and a helmet with large bending horns sat upon his black hair.

While everyone else was looking happy and cheerful he looked down with a frown. He turned his gaze away from his bother and looked into the crowd. He spotted a familiar figure with (e/c) eyes and (h/l) (h/c) hair who was staring back at him.

(Y/n) gave him a small smile, which he returned and added a small wink in her direction.

"So long entrusted with the mighty hammer Mjolnir, forged in the heart of a dying star, it's power has no equal as a weapon to destroy or a tool to build. Tis a fit companion for a King. I have defended Asgard and the lives of the innocent across the Nine Realms from the time of the great beginning..."

...

Meanwhile, down in a lower level of the palace, two guards were walking along the corridor where all of the relics and trophies were stored.

None of them noticing the ice that started to spread behind them.

...

"Do you swear to guard the Nine Realms?" Odin asked.

"I swear." Thor promised.

"And do you swear to preserve the peace?"

"Do you swear to cast aside all selfish ambition and to pledge yourself only to the good of the Realms?"