Lions Den

Chapter 1

Raven

----

It was a normal day here in Clearwater Brook, Pennsylvania. It started off just like all the others. Another day at school.

And unlike most schools this one was in Clearwater Brook. Which meant that our High School of around 500 kids were all lion shifters. Yes lion shifters.

We were all apart of our Pride. My family was a apart of the council considering my father was the gamma. Which is below beta which is below Alpha.

My dad ran all fighting and training squads. He was in charge of strategies and battle plans. You could say he was like a general.

However today was the start of my senior year. And after your seventeenth summer a lion and or lioness goes into a heat. The heat isn't like a dogs heat. This heat was to find your mate, which we all were "blessed" to have. And that's why this normal morning I wasn't too keen on going to school.

But I had no choice.

So there I was in Clearwater Brook High stuck in heat along with every other senior. So great....

I had made my way to my locker which was surrounded by the beta boys. Which is what everyone called Jack and Jason. They were Beta Michael's two sons. They were also twins.

"Raven how's it?" Jack was in a good mood.

I smiled and opened my locker not really in the mood to set my heat off.

I wasn't going to lie. Jack and Jason were very good looking and had the Greek god bodies to match. However I just couldn't look at them as anything more than friends. I've known them my whole life and they were brothers to me.

"I hope you can keep your heat under control Raven, or we might have to act out of our usual behavior" Jason winked. I almost threw up at his words.

"There will be no need at all for that" I said while fake throwing up.

They both chuckled and we made our way to first period. Chemistry.

I sat down in my usual seat and dozed off as the teacher went on ranting. But suddenly the door had opened and in he walked...

Ares Demarco

Soon to be Alpha of our pack.

He was a tall 6'5 and tan. Muscled to no end and his hair was a dark brown that was styled a messy hot kinda way.

I knew him but I kept my distance because he always had something about him that put me off. It wasn't a bad feeling but just a weird one. And plus everyone knew he was a man whore or in other words a fuckboy.

"Mr. Demarco. I hope that this won't be a habit" the teacher said unpleasantly.

"Of course not I apologize" Ares smirked

"Well the only seat left is behind Miss. Taylor " that was me. Wait was it? I turned around and saw the empty seat.

Fuck.

I turned around and sunk back into my chair. Ares walked down the isle with a smug expression on his face before he took the seat behind me.

"You don't look happy to see me Taylor" I heard his low voice behind me. It almost felt like he whispered it into my ear.

I cocked my head to the side "I think I'd be a happier if I didn't have an asshole sitting behind me but I had no choice" I smirked and turned back around in my seat.

Suddenly I felt his heat behind me and his breath in my ear.

"I'll let that slide but if you ever talk to me like that again you will wish you never had" his alpha tone was strong with those words.

I rolled my eyes not really caring either way. All he did was just prove he's an ass.

"Hey Raven, dog catch your tongue?" I heard Jack say.

I wanted to get out of my chair and slap him across the face.

"Don't patronize her guys... I bet she's just trying to hold back her heat" Ares said before chuckling.

I spun around in my chair hopefully for the last time

"I really hope you know how to shut your mouth. Alpha or not your pissing me off and I'd like it to stop"

His expression went from happy to serious in a millisecond.

Then it hit me. His scent hit me extremely hard. As much as I didn't want to like it I couldn't help my lioness from rejoicing in it.

His eyes got dark which probably meant that he could now smell my own scent. Which meant my heat had gotten out of my control.

"We need to leave" Ares barely spoke but I could here him.

He stood up but still had his gaze on me signaling me to follow.

So I did because even though I didn't really like him he was my alpha and I thought I already disrespected him twice which means he was probably going to make me do something like train the 8 and unders.

We walked out of the room against the teachers protest.

We hadn't even taken one step down the hall before I was pinned to a locker.

"Your heat is strong and It's set my own heat off as well" his eyelids got low as he spoke and his hands had found my waist.

"I don't think this is the best of your ideas" I whispered.

He smirked right before his lips attached to mine.

It felt like sparks were running through my nerves. My hands became tangled in his hair and gently pulled on his locks making him growl.

I was lost in him. I had never felt so amazing in my life.

Then I remembered he was a fuckboy. I tried my best to push him at least slightly away but he wouldn't budge.

"What's wrong" Ares's voice was husky and only made my heat even worse.

"I can't do this with you. I can't" I repeated while trying to get him off of me.

"Please just let me kiss you Raven. At least let me kiss you" he sounded so desperate but I couldn't let my sympathy take control.

"Just because your an Alpha doesn't mean I'm giving into this. No wonder you're a man whore" oops that last bit slipped out on accident.

His expression became hard and serious.

"That's what you think of me?" he asked harshly.

"Sorry to ruin your ego but that's what everyone thinks" he had by then taken a step back giving me space.

Without a word he had left me in the hallway alone and confused.

---

Comment, vote, Hope you enjoy!

-raeval44