8. Shenanigans

"This is a nice rod." Viserys remarked as they fished.

"I made it. New component." Orion agreed. "Helps reel the fish in better. Stronger fishing wire as well."

"You are quite impressive. Im sure your father was proud at the invention you are." Viserys remarked. Orion shrugged.

"The shooter hes working on," odessa whispered "that was Reggies vision. Hes upset he hasnt been able to get it work. In honor of his father." Viserys nodded offering a small smile.

"Im very impressed with you. You are a bright young boy." Viserys declared.

"You want a rod Olli?" Odessa questioned.

"No. I got my spear. Works better." Ollivander assured stabbing the spear into the water stabbing at the fish.

"Does it?" Orion countered. "How barbaric."

"You always go to lessons." Ophelia groaned.

"Because thats how you get smart." Alicent agreed.

"I learn by doing. By discovery." Ophelia countered. " you're going to rat me out aren't you?"

"Rat you out for what?" Alicent questioned

" never mind you're too much of a goody goody." Ophelia decided. Alicent wanted to become closer with her cousin Ophelia. Ophelia had such confidence and bravery. Alicent wish she was brave as Ophelia was. Ophelia reminded her of rhaenyra in certain ways.

" let me help with your plan your mission, your secret shenanigans!" Alicent begged. " please I won't tell anyone I promise."

" alright I'm gonna hold you to that." Ophelia warned. She grabbed alicents hand and pulled her back to the dragon skull.

" what are we doing down here?"

" you see those stairs leading up up up?" Alicent followed ophelias gaze.

"Yeah." she answered slowly.

" we're going to find out where those stairs go to."

" and what if it's-" alicent stopped herself at Ophelia stair, her arms crossed over her chest, her foot already tapping on the hard ground. " OK let's do it." she put on her brave face, and followed Ophelia up at the small staircase, hidden along the wall.

"Maegor made secret passageways and tunnels during his rule. Supposedly he killed everyone that knew, but rumors of the tunnels have still been whispered over the years, which leads me to believe that a few of the Smiths and stonemasons that helped create the keep escaped through these very tunnels." Ophelia informed her cousin.

"And you think this is a secret passageway!" Alicent realized

" I asked King about the stairs and he didn't have a clue, so yes, I do believe this is one of many secrets the castle holds." Ophelia agreed.

It felt like family bonding. Odessa and her boys fishing by the shore. Viserys and orion bonding. She wanted her boys to have a good father figure in their life. One that embraced them, and their differences through unique quirks. Ophelia was already getting along with her cousin and the princess, so Odessa wasn't worried about her. But there was always a special bond between sons and fathers that a mother -although she did try- couldn't replace that bond.

It has been a year since Reggies passing a few moons at the capital. Odessa loved how easily they all fit into the capital life. Into viserys life. How he welcome them in with open arms.

"You know I met your mother when she was your age Ollivander." Viserys remarked as ollivander stabbed down on a fish. It flailed around on his spear before flopping dead. Ollivander smirked.

"I cant imagine mum that young." Orion added.

"She was still as beautiful as ever." Viserys assured.

"And viserys was the handsome older boy." Odessa agreed.

"Now hes an old man." Ollivander chuckled.

" your mother was innovative and creative. She was clever." Viserys informed them

" she still is." Odessa assured.

" she hussled grown men at chess. And cricket to." Viserys recalled.

"Mum says it's important to learn skills to play games that teach you that only stimulate the mind teaching strategy and planning." Orion agreed. " every week she played a game against our father."

"I don't think he won a single game." Ollivander added. Odessa chuckled

" Try as he might. He was better with his hands than his mind in certain aspects." Odessa agreed. She nodded to viserys rod. "Lucky for us. Our King is good at both." Viserys had caught a fish. Orion smiled as he reeled it up.

" this rod is so smooth it's like it's gliding" viserys remarked as he got the fish up.

" so smooth the fish doesn't know he's caught until it's too late" orion agreed.

"Wonderful viserys now with every new rod," odessa remarked. " it's tradition that you have to kiss the first fish you catch."

" tradition is it?" he chuckled but he held the fish in his hand, squirming that his touch.

" shows your man enough to not only do the easy bit, but your hands a little dirty" odessa purred wrapping her arms around.

" I can get dirty." he assured, and kissed the damn fish. Ollivander laughed out.

" he didn't even hesitate! He just kiss the thing!"

" are you going to kiss your fish to little brother?" Orion questioned.

" no mines all bloody that would be disgusting." Ollivander countered. "But hey mr King. I got a new respect for you."

" thank you young mr Bolton. That means a lot coming from you." Viserys agreed.

" just push dammit push!"

" I am pushing it is stuck!" Alicent countered as Ophelia and herself, tried to push open the door to which the staircase lead. It wasn't a real door, but there was some grooves in the wall that looked like it could open.

" Ready on three! One! Two! Three!" Ophelia shouted they slammed into the wall tumbling through. " we did it!" Ophelia declared, jumping back up. She looked around confused. It looked like a bedchamber nothing special nothing fancy.

"This is princess rhaenyras chambers." Alicent remarked. " we shouldn't be in here."

" why is the secret passageway leading directly to her Chambers? That is the real question you should be asking yourself. Not are we going to get in trouble for being in her room without her permission, but why is there a secret-" Ophelia peered around to see that it was a painting that they had pushed open " interesting..." she said slowly as she closed it back up.

" what are you doing that is our escape route!" Alicent whisper shouted.

" it's a painting..." Ophelia remarked curiously. She ran her hand along the side of the painting, looking for a latch. When she found it, it pulled back open easily. " I have to check all the paintings now." Ophelia realized as she ran back down the stairs. Alicent chased after her cousin, trying to pull the painting closed behind her, just as the door opened.

" hello? Is someone in here?" A voice echoed, and alicent froze waiting for the door to seal. When she was sure the person that left rhaenyras Chambers she hurried as fast as she could down the steep tiny staircase to Ophelia.

" I'm never doing that again." Alicent warned. " we almost got caught!"

" what are they gonna do? Your father's hand of the king and my mother is absolutely adored by the king. We're practically royalty." Ophelia shared.

" we do not get the same privileges as royalty. Trust me Ophelia, if we get caught doing something unsavory-"

" then we don't get caught." Ophelia agreed. " remember, you said you wouldn't rat me out."

" and I won't." she promised. " that was actually quite exhilarating." she admitted.

" see what happens when you get your head out of a book and explore the real world. Life happens before your eyes!"