3. Vision Such as I

"Do my eyes deceive me or is that Odessa hightower?" Viserys questioned. Odessa did a little spin, her arms out to her side before she smiled back at him.

" your eyes would be so lucky if you were to see a vision such as I." Odessa agreed. " no your Grace I am here."

Viserys moved swiftly to her hugging her tight. Her legs lifted off the ground. Otto rolled his eyes. Odessa always got along well with the king. They had a friendship that lasted decades it seemed. Otto was the ever doting hand of the king. Close confidant of the King for years. And yet seeing Odessa Hightower, after all this time, brought a real smile to viserys eyes.

" Odessa you look as stunning as always." Viserys remarked. 

"Thank you." Odessa agreed. She did indeed look stunning. 

"And I was so sorry to hear about your husband." Viserys added more gently. 

"Thank you he was good to me and the children." She agreed. "He will be missed." 

"I haven't seen the children since they were babies... your husband kept you hidden away in the north from us." Viserys remarked. " are the children here?"

" of course I didn't leave them at the dread fort." Odessa laughed out.

" where are they? I want to meet them properly." Viserys remarked. Otto again felt a ping of bitterness. He loved his little sister of course he did. But viserys never cared to meet ottos, eldest children. He knew alicent. Alicent had taken care of viserys grandfather, and his dying months. But his elder children, we're all quite a bit older, some of the married off others, traveling in tourneys. Viserys did care about odessas children. But to be fair otto didnt care much for his eldest children. His children all reminded him of his late wife. Where Odessa saw a little blessings reminders of her husband. The life they shared. Otto saw the pain of losing his wife. He saw so much of his wife's smile and eyes in his children and it hurt.

"Lia, my little Ophelia is with ALicent and Rhaenyra at lessons." Odessa remarked. "And... Ry! Olli! Babies come here," Odessa reached out a hand. 

"How much for the sword?" Ollivander questioned Harwin. 

"not for sale kid." Harwin Strong countered. 

"Everything has a price." Ollivander corrected. 

"You can't even lift this sword." Harwin informed him. 

"Wanna bet?" Ollivander challenged. 

"OLLI!" Odessa demanded. 

"Your mother is calling you, boy." Harwin remarked before walking off.

"I want that sword." Ollivander grumbled. He slumped into Odessa's side. 

"Where did Orion go?" Odessa questioned. "He was just here." 

"Heavens." Otto murmured smelling smoke. Odessa shrugged. 

"Olli, this is my old friend Viserys. Viserys this is my youngest Ollivander." Odessa introduced. 

"You are the king." Ollivander realized. 

"I am. But I was a friend of your mothers first." Viserys agreed. "Its nice to meet you." 

"I bet you got a lot cool weapons here." Ollivander countered peering around. "That large man refused to sell me his sword." Viserys followed Ollivanders accusing finger. 

"Ser Harwin, Break bones," viserys agreed. 

"Break bones." Ollivander repeated. "Because I"m going to break his bones." Ollivander decided. Odessa smiled running a hand over his head and Viserys chuckled thinking him joking. Ollivander didnt joke about things like that. 

"Be careful honey." Odessa countered innocently. 

"All the little metal scraps, the stuff you dont want, the stuff you would just get rid of." Orion remarked. 

"We melt it back down and keep using it, we dont let it go to waste." The smith countered. 

"Damnit, thats smart." Orion admitted. 

"What do you need kid?"

"I'm trying to make a weapon. I have the prototype for shooter but I need something better then peanuts to see if it really shoots." Orion informed him. 

'A shooter?" 

"Yeah." Orion agreed. "I want to use little metal- a bit larger than a bean," He held up his fingers to show the size. "and I want to load them into shooter and bam." 

"Bam." The smith repeated nodding along. "YOu make me a mold, I will see what I can do kid. We need more inventive minds like you."

"Thank you." Orion said turning around. He threw a flint into a nearby vendors fire and it sparked to life. "Woah!" Orion declared. "Careful lady, you are going to burn my face off!" The woman rushed to the sparking fire trying to clam the flames, Orion grabbed a few tarts and muffins from the table and a necklace from the next vendor. He could use these little metals for his weapon, he could see it now, he dropped the muffin and grabbed another necklace, shoving it in his pocket and shoving a tart in his mouth as his uncle Otto came up. 

"What are you doing?" Otto demanded. 

"Tart?" Orion countered holding one out. "They are good." 

"Your mother gave you money?" Otto questioned leading him back. 

"Duh." Orion agreed. "I got you something mum." Orion remarked holding out a tart. 

"Thank you honey," Odessa agreed, Olli grabbed it though and shoved the entirety of the tart in his mouth. He swallowed it thickly. "Can you try chewing like a human being next time?" Odessa suggested.  Ollivander nodded slowly. "Go wash that down." She instructed. "Sorry, Viserys you would think I raised him in a barn." She mused. "Ry, this is Viserys." 

"Hello your grace." Orion answered. 

"Orion, a pleasure to see you again, I think you were about three or four when I last saw you." Viserys recalled. "You turned my feather and ink pot into a proper pen." 

"I sell those now." Orion agreed. "I like money." 

"My little inventor." Odessa agreed. "You should see what he is working on now, it would blow your mind!"