Chapter 17

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Mr. Thongchua's POV

"It's too bad that the event got disrupted by that violent altercation between the Chairman and the Vice-Chairman," I said to my wife Tillie as we drove away from the hotel where our international club anniversary gala event and dinner had taken place. "I was so looking forward to the ballroom event. We haven't gone ballroom dancing in a very long time."

"I know," my wife agreed. "Such a shame. The Vice-Chairman was obviously trying to undermine the Chairman's chances of getting re-elected for next year."

"Well, we can always organize a ballroom event next month for our fundraising event," I suggested to my wife as I slowed down the car to turn into my driveway.

I had to step hard on the brakes when I saw a car pulling out of my driveway.

Who the hell was this stranger that went into my driveway?

I placed my gear on park and rushed out of my car to walk over to the stranger.

"Ben!" I couldn't believe my eyes. "What's going on? What are you doing here in my driveway?"

Ben stepped out of his car. I noticed his tear-stricken face.

"Sir, please, please try to convince P'Man to change his mind!" Ben pleaded to me, gripping my arm.

"Change his mind about what?" I asked. "Is he inside my house right now?"

"Yes, yes, sir! He made me drive myself and him here to discuss our situation and he ended up breaking up with me!" Ben was crying hard now, his tears falling nonstop down his cheeks.

I steeled my emotions, remembering the scene that I had witnessed at Paradise Beach.

"I can't blame him for breaking up with you," I said to Ben in a cold voice. "I saw you with my own eyes kissing another guy while both of you were lying on the sand."

"No, no, no!" Ben protested. "We weren't kissing! I had stumbled because a particle of sand got blown into my eye and he was trying to blow it out of my eye!"

"Are you telling me the truth?" I asked sternly.

"Of course he's telling the truth," I didn't notice that my wife Tillie had stepped out of the car and had approached me and Ben.

She took Ben by the hand.

"Come, sweetheart, let's go inside the house," she said gently. "I will try to talk sense into my silly boy's head."