Chapter 13 - Tum Kya Mile!

Start from the beginning

Arnav chuckled, "Serves you right."

"Kaisa dost hai yaar (what kind of friend are you)" Aman pouted.

*****************************************

To save their time, Arnav and Aman thought it was better to go to Arnav's home first and pick Ayan and then they went to Khushi and Lavanya college to pick the girls so they could leave directly to the shopping mall to watch the movie at the theater.

"They're coming," Arnav said as he saw Khushi and Lavanya walking out of the college gate and coming to his car.

"What the.." Aman's eyes widened when he saw from the car's window, his sister talking with a boy of her age, they were approaching their car parked outside the college gate.

Aman looked at Arnav, still in shock, "What is she doing? Who is that guy? Is she coming to introduce her boyfriend to me?"

"Mujhe kya pata? (How would I know?)" Arnav shrugged as he peeked to see the guy is talking with.

"How will I react if she tells me he's her boyfriend?" Aman asked cluelessly.

"Mujhe kya pata!" Arnav repeated his line earning a smack on his arm by Aman who glared at him, "Mujhe kya pata.. mujhe kya pata.. ek hi line repeat kar hi ja rahe ho gadhe kahike (How would I know? How would I know? You're just repeating one line.. you donkey)."

Ayan laughed silently behind as he watched the hilarious scene unfold.

Arnav chuckled staring at his friend in disbelief, "Par mujhe kya pata hoga Aman.. she's your sister, not mine. You're the one who have to decide how to deal with her, if he turns out to be her boyfriend."

"Mujhe toh problem nahi hai agar dono limits mein rahe toh.. but Ma won't allow her to have boyfriend when she's still studying (I don't have problem if both stay in limits)," Aman said.

"See bhai.. learn something from Aman bhai, he's so cool," Ayan leaned closer to Arnav and whispered on his ear from behind. Arnav looked behind at his brother, narrowing his eyes at him, "You keep quiet and don't get too excited. You're not going to get permission from me to date your classmates. You're still in school and Lavanya is in college. Do you understand the difference?"

Ayan pouted and leaned back on his seat.

"They're coming.. they're coming," Aman informed desperately. He composed himself, sitting straight and keeping a serious look as he whispered to Arnav and Ayan, "I'm going to act like a serious elder brother. So you two don't spoil my act by laughing at me."

Arnav and Ayan agreed.

When the trio reached, Khushi was the first one to get in the car at the back seat, she joined Ayan smiling excitedly at him, "Ayan, we're going to watch a movie together this time!"

"Yess Didi," Ayan was equally excited as he raised his hand in the air to high five with Khushi. Khushi slapped his open palm, giggling. 

Arnav's heart melted watching their excitement to watch the movie. For a while, he forgot his curiosity over the new guy still standing near Aman's door with Lavanya. It was his weird way of talking in hindi that caught his attention, and his shifted his attention to the new face.

"Paise hai aap? (Are you money?)" NK asked Aman smiling brightly.

"Nahi, main paisa nahi hu (No, I'm not money)," Aman replied confused.

Arnav could hear Khushi giggling from behind, but his eyes were still fixed on this boy.

"Uffo NK.. you better not speak hindi till you learn it properly. Stick to english only," Lavanya hit her forehead.