Chapter 71 - Different than Intended (3)

Start from the beginning

He was not the only one who was like that.

"Just look around."

Rosalyn turned her gaze as Cale pointed to the open space. It was at that moment.

"Woo! Woo! Woo!"

Voices echoed in the wide open space. The shouts of the soldiers around the arena rang in Rosalyn's ears. There was more.

Boom! Boom! Boom!

The sound of the citizens stomping their feet filled the area. Lock, who had been watching, could feel the vibrations underneath his feet. Once the citizens started to stomp, the soldiers and knights all started to stomp as well.

"Woo! Woo! Woo!"

Boom! Boom! Boom!

And that noise gradually grew louder. It seemed like the earth itself was shouting.

"Young master! What, what is going on?"

The timid Lock looked at Cale with a pale expression. He could see Cale smiling.

He answered for both Lock and Rosalyn.

"Winning or losing does not matter to them."

At that time, Pelia came near Cale to sit behind him. She also heard what Cale had to say.

"The Warriors' Ritual."

She stopped sitting down and looked at Cale, who continued to look forward without noticing Pelia's reaction. The two warriors slowly made their way into the arena.

Choi Han and Toonka. Cale continued to speak while looking at the two of them.

"To fight."

For Toonka's people, victory or defeat was not important. Fighting was the only thing that mattered. In particular, if the opponent was not an enemy, the fighting between warriors was rather sacred.

"Only that is important."

Cale finished speaking and leaned over the back of the chair as much as possible. He was afraid of getting hurt after seeing Toonka and Choi Han entering the arena.

At that time, he heard Raon's voice.

– Do not worry, weak human. I am stronger than the two of them! You will not get hurt.

It was a voice filled with pity. Cale did not like the tone of Raon's voice, so he continued to lean back before turning around.

"What is it?"
"It is nothing."

Cale saw that Pelia was sitting down and turned his gaze forward. He then also sat up straight. He didn't want Pelia, who was loyal to Toonka, to get angry for his casual demeanor.

– Yes. Do not sit like a wimp and sit up proudly! Human, you are doing well!

Cale ignored Raon's ramblings as he observed Hota, one of Toonka's other subordinates, stepping forward as referee.

'Not that they really need one.'

Until your opponent faints or gives up. That was the rule of these people. Fainting in such a battle was embarrassing for these people.

"Young master, I don't need to worry?"
"Yes, you can just relax Miss Rosalyn."

Cale responded to Rosalyn's question and watched Hota start to shout in order to get people's attention. He then blew a small flute.

Beeeeeeeep-!

The battle had begun.

It would be nice if they ran toward each other right away, but Choi Han and Toonka both continued to stare at each other without moving. Cale watched this without thinking much about it.