Chapter 33 - You... (8)

Start from the beginning

The priest turned his gaze over to the affluent noble. Beautiful red hair and a handsome face. He was not very handsome, but it was enough to catch attention wherever he went. In addition, this man was currently smiling.

Cale smiled as he slightly raised his hand.

"Mine."
"Huh?"

Cale smiled once more at the confused priest.

"I will be putting my life on the line."

Choi Han put his hand on Cale's shoulder at that time.

"Cale-nim."
"What?"

Cale turned around to see Choi Han with a stiff, yet anxious expression.

"I will believe you even if you don't do this."

Cale started to smirk and slowly responded.

"I don't think you will."

Choi Han will have no choice but to not believe him. How could he believe Cale when Cale was not planning to tell him anything? That was why they were at the temple.

'Why would I tell him everything? That'll just make me get involved in the mess.'

There was no reason for him to get involved with Choi Han that much. Cale wouldn't be able to live a peaceful life if Choi Han was around. It's already visible. Didn't Choi Han bring him more trouble to him by bringing all of the wolf children?

'He rides on the whales with the Whale Tribe to fight against mermaids in the future.'

In this human-centric world, Choi Han's position to embrace both humans and non-humans makes him start to change. The start of that is the Whale Tribe. The Whale Tribe that appeared at the beginning of volume 5 was, to be honest, quite scary.

'They were the deadliest predators.'

The Whale Tribe was the strongest of the Beast people. They were also the most beautiful Beast people. The Whale Tribe had different colors of black, grey, or pink, but they were all extremely beautiful. In comparison, the mermaids of this world had two legs and fins, looking like a human covered in scales.

'But they are so stubborn that they won't even be humble in front of a dragon.'

The Whale Tribe was extremely scary. Although they were small in number, their casual punch could easily blow up a human's head. Even Lock could not lift a finger to the Whale Tribe.

'Their temper is ruthless.'

Choi Han gets involved with all sorts of people and trouble as well. Cale had no desire to continue being involved with him.

"Priest-nim. The room?"
"Yes, we have one. I will prepare it for you right away. Please head to the basement."
"Thank you."

Cale started to walk behind the priest. Choi Han followed behind Cale with an iffy expression. Cale noticed Choi Han's movement, and leisurely walked toward the innermost area of the temple.

After walking for a long time, they could see numerous doors on one side of the wall. The priest opened one of those doors to reveal a staircase leading down into the basement.

"Death awaits you at the bottom."
"Great. Let's go."

The priest watched Cale walking down the stairs without any hesitation with interest.
The, 'death,' that is mentioned in the Temple of Death also meant, 'vow.'
Death was something that was guaranteed to visit you at some point. It was not something you could avoid, and your responsibility was to accept your role in the world while you are here.