Chapter 29 - You... (4)️

Start from the beginning

"...It's even better than I expected."

The Count really was wealthy. Past the large iron gate was a five-story residence. There was even a garden between the gate and the building itself. It was not fancy or shiny, but it definitely looked more expensive than the nearby noble residences.

It had the aura and look of a building that definitely took a large amount of money to build. At the center of it was, naturally, a sculpture with the Henituse family's golden turtle on it.

Screeeech. Bang!

The large gate with the golden turtle crest on it slowly opened. The guard opening the gate, as well as the butler of the residence and the servants, all lined up to greet Cale.

"Young master Cale Henituse! Welcome to the capital!"

It was an extremely respectful greeting. They were bowing their heads so low that their heads looked like it would reach the ground. The old man who seemed to be in charge was speaking so loudly it looked like he might hurt his vocal chords.

"We will do our very best to serve you!"

'Why are they like this?'

Cale looked toward Hans, who was pretending that he had no idea what was going on.

'He definitely knows what is going on.'

Hans definitely knew the reason they were acting this way. Cale found it annoying to ask, and approached the old man in charge and helped him up. He then looked toward the rest of the servants and started to speak.

"Everybody, lift your heads up."

The servants quickly raised their heads. They had never seen Cale while working at the residence. However, they had definitely heard stories about Cale from the people that visited from the Henituse territory.

The trash, Cale. The servants here heard that Cale considered people who worked in the estate as either nobles or useless people. Sometimes, he didn't even treat them like people. They were anxious about what Cale was going to say next and waited for him to continue.

"No need to be this respectful in the future. I do not like to cause any issues to people who do their job well."

The servants' gazes all turned toward Cale. Cale could see that they were all still stiff and started to frown.

"I heard that mother picked all of you. She said you all have a lot of pride for your work, so I'm sure you will perform very well."

The servants' expressions all turned odd.

"Ask Hans if you have any questions."

He had enough to do as is, so it was better to leave everything to Hans. Plus, there was no reason to pay a lot of attention when he was leaving again in just a few days. Cale looked toward the servants, whose expressions were getting slightly better, and started to walk.

"Let's go."

Cale walked in front as they headed to the five-story building. When a homeowner enters their house for the first time, they needed to personally walk from the gate to the door of the residence. This symbolized that this was his territory.

When the crown prince became the king, the crown prince, no, the king, walked from the castle gate to the center of the palace, where his throne was located. It was a similar kind of logic.

Count Deruth and the Countess had walked into this residence like this before, but Cale was now the owner of this large residence.

Screeeech-