XXiV| Whirlwinds

Italics: Finnish

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🧊🇫🇮 ⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Blown Away

"Dry lightning cracks across the skies

Those storm clouds gather in her eyes."

There were different types of couples when it came to the race world

There were the types that kept their relationship semi-private but didn't try to hide things when people found out; like Lando Norris and Mira Atkinson who didn't even try to hide their engagement or the fact Mira was pregnant. They held hands around the paddock but kept their personal lives out of the public.

There were those who kept it fully private and away from prying eyes to protect each side of the relationship; like Pierre Gasly and Mai Chen who did everything to make sure people left Mai alone and not stress her out. She went to the occasional races but everything else was fully private and off social media.

There were the out-in-the-open type of people who made an obvious point to let people know they were together; like Daniel Ricciardo and Marissa Romono who acted like best friends in public and were happy to tell each other about their personal lives if they wanted to know. They were both bright and fun people.

There there was the type who kept it out of work but they were happy to be public about it elsewhere; like Robyn Saunders and Charles Leclerc who were, without doubt, the most romantic couple on the grid.  Charles made romantic gestures and they never lied to the media.

Then there was none of the above.

Anneli Raikkonen and Max Verstappen could keep a relationship private without even trying. The type that were happy with each other's company without being romantic or showing any displays of affection. No one asked questions so they didn't need to answer...though if they did, Anneli and Max were not the type of people to lie.

Besides, they were a part of the Red Bull family so no one ever had a suspension, even when they were flying to race and when flying to Jeddah. It just seemed normal.

Of course, one person was always bound to know.

In this case two...then three and by the end of the week, Anneli and Max's close friends knew. Anneli supposed it was obvious for them to know, they'd find out anyway.

Felipe seemed static for her, grinning when she loosely told him and Jack seemed unsurprised. Max had told Anneli that Christian knew and didn't care as long as they caused no issues. Lando knew, being Max's best friend, and so did Robyn Saunders.

"You two can double date with us!" Robyn grinned. "Come to Monaco! I would offer to cook but—"

"Robyn and I would blow up the kitchen," Charles interrupted. "We cannot cook."