| xxxviii ; to gain something, you must lose something

Start from the beginning

"It's impossible," Angel said. "The reason I and many other sorcerers from ancient times took Kenjaku's offer was precisely because we didn't know how to become cursed items after death. However, the Fallen is different. After experiencing death, he most likely stumbled on a way to split his soul as cursed items."

"In that case..." Yuta trailed off.

"Yes. My role ends once I dispel the seal on Gojo Satoru," Angel continued.

"And Megumi? What will happen to Megumi?" Hana asked.

Angel stayed quiet, knowing that the ending wouldn't align to Hana's. Y/N sighed and looked at everyone, "Let's unseal Gojo-sensei first. We can move on from there."

"Agreed," Yuta commented. "Are you ready?"

"Yes, let's go."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅ ─────

After meeting back with the others regarding Gojo's unsealing, Y/N stepped aside and sat on the couch as she stared outside the window. It was quiet and peaceful, bringing her a sense of comfort.

"My angel," Yuta said, snapping her out from her trance.

"Hi," She smiled at him and patted at the space next to her. "Sit with me, Yuta."

Yuta moved and sat next to her. He leaned back and watched the scenery outside, but found himself looking at the more beautiful sight that was his girlfriend.

"I like this. Peace and quiet," She said and looked at him. "Before Shibuya happened. I want to go back to that time."

"Me too, darling. I want to go back and pretend none of this ever happened," Yuta muttered, leaning his head to hers.

"Yuta," Y/N called and looked back at the window, smiling sadly. "It's okay, you know. It's better if I d-"

"Do not finish that sentence," Yuta interrupted, taking Y/N aback. "I've said this countless times—I am not letting you die. I'd rather die so you can live."

"Yuta," She sighed and shook her head. "We both know this is how it's supposed to end. Sukuna wants to get the other me on his side. I don't want to fight against you and everyone else."

"Angel, please. For my sake, please try," Yuta begged and held her hands up to his chest. "I lost Rika, but I absolutely cannot lose you too."

"The world is cruel, Yuta. I don't like either outcomes," She murmured.

Yuta pulled her to his embrace, hugging Y/N tightly to comfort her and himself, "We're gonna be okay, angel. We're gonna be just fine."

"Hey, don't mean to interrupt but..." Maki trailed off, standing a couple of metres away. "It's time to unseal Gojo-sensei. We're heading to Kiroko Mines at Saitama Prefecture. Y/N, wanna help with that?"

"Sure," Y/N nodded and smiled. "Let's go, Yuta."

The said sorcerer gave Y/N a longing look and sighed. He followed Y/N back to the crowd of sorcerers and watched as Y/N expanded her shadow to cover everyone. A second later, everyone began to sink into the ground and reappeared at the mines a few seconds after.

"Y/N-senpai, your technique's super cool and handy," Yuji said with a smile.

"Thank you, but it's Nacht's technique. As annoying as he is, he's helpful," Y/N replied.