☆ 46. Chapter 46: (10)

Start from the beginning

Shen Rou originally wanted to use the fact that she was a wife and could not show her face in public as an excuse to refuse to participate. .

Before she could evade, she heard Prince Wei continue to say: "My mother-in-law specially told me about this two days ago, telling you that if you are shortlisted, you must try your best to win. We can just use this poem competition to recruit Those scholars who are proud of their talents."

Shen Rou opened her mouth, and seeing how excited Prince Wei was, she swallowed her rejection.

Since the list of contestants was announced, everyone in the capital has been speculating on what the outcome of the competition will be.

Some scholars got drunk in a restaurant and said with certainty that the scholar team they selected would definitely win. Women only know how to dress up all day long. How could they win in a poetry contest against scholars like them who are well-read in poetry? .

His words happened to be overheard by a passing lady from a well-known family. The lady composed a poem on the spot, which satirized some people who, although short-sighted and incompetent, were good at saying mean things.

After what the scholar said spread, it soon aroused the dissatisfaction of all the ladies in the capital.

They all approached the two wealthy ladies who were selected to compete, so that they would have to fight for their women. Even when Shen Rou went out to socialize, there was a wife who was indignant, so Shen Rou was bound to give a show of strength to those scholars who looked down on women in this poetry competition.

The day of the Poetry Competition soon arrived.

The owner of Defan Restaurant specially set up a poetry fighting arena in the open space in the middle of the restaurant.

Before the contestants even took the stage, many onlookers had already gathered in the restaurant.

Qin Yu and Ning Chen were also at Difan Restaurant today. They sat in the private room on the second floor and watched the lively scene downstairs.

I have to say that these contestants selected through voting are indeed extraordinary in literary talent.

The two parties in the first round of poem fighting were a young master from a small aristocratic family in the capital and a talented and famous lady.

Originally, both sides had their own winners and losers, but in the last round, the lady lost the round because she did not complete the poem within the specified time.

The results of the second round were soon announced. Another young lady won the second round with an absolute advantage.

Now, the result of the competition has also fallen into a stalemate. The two sides are tied. The result of the third round will determine the outcome of this poetry competition.

And this third round is also the round that the people and scholars in the capital are paying close attention to.

The Jiangnan area has always been rich in great Confucians, and Zheng Shipang, the scholar in the third round this time, is the grandson of a great Confucian in Jiangnan. Zheng Shifeng has been hailed as a child prodigy since he was a child, and his poetry and songs are truly inherited from his grandfather.

As for Shen Rou, the most talented woman in Daqi, her popular poems spread throughout Daqi before she married into Prince Wei's palace.

Therefore, the duel between these two people can be described as a tit-for-tat battle, which is particularly interesting.

Both of them had their own victories and defeats, and finally it was the final round that decided the outcome.

The players on the stage and the audience below became nervous at this moment.