"I have every right, Rajvansh. After knowing about Rajveer..." Vivaan's voice trailed off into a grumble, and my mind plunged into darkness. I had known he would bring up Rajveer Singh Rajvansh, my greatest failure, the specter that haunted me day and night.

How I had failed to protect him, how I had let down everyone who had placed their trust in me, how I had disappointed them to the very core. Two lives were sacrificed for something that was never their fault. Perks of being a Royal.

But what could anyone expect from a child—a thirteen-year-old boy who had suffered unspeakable horrors? Tortured, starved, treated like less than an animal and raped countless times.

"Think twice before you say a word about him," I warned, my eyes now devoid of soul, my voice trembling with anger. I felt like a man broken, soulless, and utterly lost. The scars around my body of my suffering ran through my heart, leaving me with an emptiness that could never be filled, a darkness that could never be lifted.

"Exactly, Ruhaan. I've already lost a sister before; I can't lose another," Vivaan said, his voice heavy with emotion as he peered into the abyss of my soulless eyes.

"I promise to protect her with my every being," I replied honestly, a painful lump forming in my throat. The weight of my past failures and the immense responsibility I felt for Meera pressed down on me like a leaden burden.

"What about the Singhis, and most importantly, Suraj Raghuvanshi?" He asked me, and I felt a chill run down my spine at the mention of the Raghuvanshi name. The Singhis were mere puppets, driven by their insatiable greed for money and fame, but Suraj, he wanted something more sinister—revenge—and he wouldn't rest until he achieved it.

"I've been tracking his every move," I replied in a serious tone, my eyes turning colder as I continued, "As I've said before, Meera won't be harmed. I'll ensure that, no matter what it takes."

"Ruhaan, I trust you, man. I trusted you back then too," Vivaan said earnestly before giving my shoulder a reassuring pat and leaving the room.

As he walked away, I was left alone with my thoughts, my mind clouded once again by traumatic flashbacks. I couldn't escape the haunting memories of those brutal nights in the warehouses, the relentless darkness, and the overwhelming stench of death. 

The times they would throw me into cells with several dead and decaying bodies, forcing me to keep my eyes open so I would witness every horrifying detail. And through it all, I had clung to the hope that Rajveer Bhaiya would come to save me. 

Hope, alas, can be a brutal thing when it shatters. It's heart-wrenching when your body surrenders to the loss of hope, transforming into something that was once only imaginable.

"Meera, hum kya kare," I muttered to myself, my voice barely audible, as I grappled with the pain that felt like a fresh, open wound. The scars of my past were etched into my very soul, and I carried them with me, a constant reminder of the darkness that had once consumed my life.

A knock on the door to the study momentarily pulled me away from the nightmarish memories. I looked up to find Meera standing there, wearing a beautiful kurti, a cup with steam wafting from it held delicately in her hand. She offered me a soft smile, and her eyes sparkled with love, which managed to coax a faint smile from my lips.

 She offered me a soft smile, and her eyes sparkled with love, which managed to coax a faint smile from my lips