𝟎𝟏𝟏. News

Start from the beginning

(NVM DONT DRINK COFFEE ON AN EMPTY STOMACH KIDS ITS NOT GONNA MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER)

Miles chuckled when he saw it, "Never seen a baby be so happy to see themselves. Must be a confident one, no doubt."

The deep voice probably distracted Lia, because she quickly turned towards him and tried to grab his hair, making Clara laugh. "Oh, gentle, gentle.. Don't pull Miles' hair, because he'd be in a bad mood for the rest of the day." That sentence probably made Miles nod in agreement, and quite literally stuffing the last piece of toast into his mouth before getting up, and grabbing his stuff. "You're leaving for work?"

Miles hummed in response, putting his shoes on while hopping on one leg. "You gonna be okay with Lia?" He raised an eyebrow, actually not bothered by the idea of having to babysit the small child while Clara had to do something else.

"Of course. Apparently, she likes animals, so I'm taking her to the petting zoo, and I'm gonna get some groceries." Smiling, Clara stood up while still holding Lia, and twirling the dark brown haired baby. "Shit. Aren't your mother and Aaron coming over tonight?"

A loud groan escaped his mouth, as Miles had completely forgotten about the promise he made to his uncle and mom a month ago. "Yeah. Don't worry though, I'ma cook somethin' real nice." He grinned, but Clara knew he was probably gonna pretend like he cooked lasagna he had to heat up in the microwave.

Clara softly giggled, and made Lia wave Miles goodbye as he left. She indeed went to the petting zoo with her, but it was an absolute disaster, as she constantly had to tell Lia to be gentle when petting the animals, since she was quite harsh.

And, instead of making Miles make a detour from work to get the things he needed for the dinner with his mom and uncle, Clara texted him asking what he needed, which was indeed some pre-prepared meals he'd pretend to have made himself.

As Rio and Aaron came into the apartment to have dinner, Clara was happily pretending to play along with Lia's play, as she was talking gibberish with some real words in between, while moving a couple cars and Barbies her mom put in her bag.

Rio was already scanning the apartment, only to find Clara sitting on the ground, playing with a kid that looked an awful lot like her. "Ah, Clara! Is that.. Your baby? I haven't seen you in quite a while.." There was a hint of insecurity in her voice, as Rio really hoped the black haired girl didn't have a kid.

"Oh, hi, mrs Morales!" Clara stood up and smiled, before giving the woman in front of her a quick hug. "This is just my niece, Lia. I had to suddenly babysit her, so I apologize in advance for any fits she might throw." A soft laugh escaped her mouth, as she signaled towards the baby, who was still happily continuing her little play.

As a relieved sigh was heard from Rio, she softly chuckled. "It's all good, no worries. You look so great, though. I've seen some pages on the internet about you being 'a rising star', is this true?" She teased, softly nudging Clara's waist.

Clara laughed, slightly shaking her head at Rio. Sometimes, she'd feel more like a mother to her than her own mother did, even though she rarely saw her. "Barely. It's all over exaggerated, really."

"Aye, little girl." Aaron chuckled, giving Clara a nod before dabbing her up. "Been a while since I've seen you, ain't it?" He looked down at the black haired girl, cocking an eyebrow as he did so.

While she shrugged, an evil smile crept up onto her face. "Yeah. Don't call me little girl, though, old man."

He motioned at Lia, who was now hanging onto Clara's pant leg, basically begging to be held. "That ain't yours, right?" When Clara shook her head with a frown on her face, he nodded — probably — also relieved. "Good. Looks like you, though."

Clara quickly picked Lia up, and positioned her so she was sitting on her hip, which was comfortable for the both of them. "Yeah, she's still family. I—" Before she could finish her sentence, Clara's phone started ringing so she excused herself, and went into another room. "What's up?"

"Have you seen it, yet?" Maddie's voice was basically at a yelling volume, sounding shocked and excited at the same time.

It made Clara a bit worried, as it made her wonder if it had something to do with her whole college shutting down for three whole days. "Seen what, exactly? I've been busy babysitting Lia." She frowned at her phone, pushing the 'accept FaceTime' button, resulting in both her and Maddie's faces appearing on the screen.

Maddie was holding her phone extremely close to her face, looking extremely shocked. "You have to see for yourself. Did your college shut down?" When Clara nodded, she jumped up and gasped, only making her more nervous. "Oh, my god. I can't believe how much people care about the shitty rich..!"

"What are you talking about, Maddie?" Clara frowned, quickly opening her mail to check if she had any mails explaining why her college had shut down, as she completely forgot while taking care of Lia. When she saw an unopened mail regarding the sudden shutdown, Clara quickly opened it and scanned through the information. "Oh, my god. There is no way." She gasped, putting her phone back down on the nightstand, laying Lia down next to her, and just stare at the wall.

The blue eyes girl nodded, her wide open mouth turning into a slight grin. "Yeah, I know!" She slightly laughed, but her tone showed a bit of worry.

At that moment, Lucia started spamming Clara's phone with messages.

Oh my god!

Have you seen it?

This is timed so perfectly, it's almost scary!

Clara!

Please answer me.

Have you seen the news yet?

Clara simply added Lucia to the FaceTime, blankly staring at the wall in front of her to process what she'd just read. "What the hell..?" A loud sigh escaped, as Lia tried to climb up her back.

"Clara, are you okay? You look.. I don't know. Do you need us to come over?" Lucia asked, knocking on her phone screen as if it was gonna do anything.

"No, no. It's fine." She breathed, rubbing the back of her neck out of nervousness.

Suddenly, her door opened, and Miles was looking at Clara with some hint of worry in his face, as if he knew what she was thinking about. "Clares, we're gonna sit— You okay? You look like you're gonna be sick."

"Chuck, the one from the club. He got killed last night." Clara turned her head towards Miles, trying to figure out if he knew, already.

゚゚。♡ ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘𐡏~
1960 WORDS

Omg it's getting dramatic???? WE'RE FINALLY GETTING TO THE GOOD PARTS THOUGH!!😇

4K READS THOUGH DAMN IM FLATTERED🙏☺️