I glanced down to see the purple hickeys Theron had recently given me. I didn't know why I indulged myself with the dream of love, of life. I would forever be under Jason's control.

"I planned to take you home, sweetie. But I have changed my mind, this should be fun." His crooked teeth grazed my abdomen, nipping at the flesh as I squirmed. The movement made it worse and he would simply bite harder. I fought the instinct to recoil from his touch when his hands slid down between my thighs.

"All these years, and I never thought to feel you."
He thought aloud, prodding his dry fingers into me without warning. A searing pang shot up from his fingers to my lower belly, knees squeezing together and clamping on Jason's hand. He painfully dug further.

"Stop," I breathed, unable to form a sentence against the unwanted act, "We can go back... to how it was. I can be the one who..." I couldn't say it. "Just please, please stop."

Jason didn't listen. I bled on his fingers but the pervert was unfazed. I could still feel his fingers even hours after the event. He had me tell him the address of Theron's home, leaving me on a few blocks away from it.

When I finally got to Theron's, I dropped my bag on the floor and limped to the couch. Stairs were not a comfortable option for me at the moment. I fell asleep on the cushions, and hadn't moved until I heard the slam of the front door.

"Alora," Theron rumbled, "Where the fuck were you? I told you I was going to pick you up after work but you weren't there. You scared the shit out of me."

My body heaved a long sigh, "I got off early and walked."

One look at my face had disarmed the worried man, "What happened?"

"What? Nothing."

Theron held an intense stare in my direction, but I just fell further against the couch, silent.

"Tell me what the fuck happened or, so help me god—"

I scoffed, "Are you going to hurt me, too?"

I saw the click behind his dark eyes, lips parting slightly, "what did he do?"

"I told you, nothing happened."

Theron groaned, marching toward me. "That fucker isn't gentle. If you don't tell me, I'm going to search your body for any sign of pain or misplacement. Do you understand?"

My eyes squinted shut, furious at myself. Why couldn't I just tell Theron? Why did he have to rip the answer from my mouth every time. I always made everything so difficult. My stupidity put him in danger and now I had to leave the one person who could ever love me... or at least tolerate me. I was horrible.

"I don't want to do this, baby." Theron whispered.

Despite his attempt, I remained quiet. Why did I do this to myself?

The man gently brushed the underside of my knee, pressing into a tendon. I bit my lips to hold back a wince. I didn't fight as his hands grazed across another point at my hips. This time, I couldn't contain a reaction.

In a swift movement, Theron had me on my back to search my bare stomach. His eyes glazed of fire as he saw the new teeth marks.

"When I meet this jackass, he's going to wish he were dead." He didn't say it to me, rather to himself. The man massaged my ribs, where the pain had been before adjusting them back to their rightful place. Next, he focused on kneading the higher area of my inner thighs through my pants. It didn't hurt nearly as much as last time.

"I know what happened." Theron spoke, after he finished analyzing my body.

I nodded, keeping my tears in. I was grateful I didn't have to talk about it, speaking out would be too much for me.

"Baby, I'm sorry how much this man has invaded you." He kissed my forehead. "What he's done to you, that's not how it's supposed to be. Understand? It's not meant to hurt so much or be forced. If you ever let me care for you in that way, that's not how it will be." He kissed my one blushing cheek, then the other. "With me, no matter what we might do, you will enjoy it and your consent will not be stolen or ignored. Understand?"

I didn't respond. Instead I hugged Theron, and he held me back tightly.