Chapter 6

"Sumire!?" Boruto shouted. He'd never thought he'd see her again, his first love.

"Shut up, idiot!" Sarada scolded. She got up and headed over to her best friend, placing her hands on her shoulders and bringing her to the table.

"Did you know she was back?" Kawaki questioned as everyone gathered at the table.

"Yeah," Sarada said.

"What's happening?" Hanasita and Sanada questioned at the same time.

Sarada, looking at Sumire, who nodded, decided to explain the whole story, but purposely left out the fact that Boruto was the father. After it was done, everyone was quiet.

"You know..." Himawari began, caughting everyone's attention. "A word of where you went off to would've been nice. You were like a sister to me, and when you disappeared, I was heartbroken...!"

"I'm sorry, Hima-chan," Sumire said, her eyes travelling to the quiet Boruto, who was sitting across from her.

"Let's eat!" Naruto interrupted the awkward conversation.

Sumire poked Boruto's arm, since he was still quiet. He looked up at her. "What's with Kawaki's apron?" she inquired.

"Dunno. He said he's "cooking". Don't understand why he needed the apron, though," Boruto said, but that resolved in him getting hit by Kawaki, who was sitting next to him. The two began to bicker.

Sumire watched sadly as Sarada shouted at them. She wished she didn't leave. She's miss so much... including the one she loves. Her hands clenched the hem of her skirt as she looked at her daughter from the corner of her eye. She was talking and laughing with Sanada.

After dinner, which was awkward for both females, Sanada led Hanasita up to Himawari's room. There, Sanada did Hanasita's hair, braiding it.

Downstairs, Himawari, who was suspicious, kept eyeing Sumire as she and Sarada whispered. There was a time when Himawari wanted Sumire to be her sister-in-law. But now, that spot was being filled by Sarada. She liked the female Uchiha, but she'd much prefer Sumire.

Kawaki was back in the kitchen, cleaning up. He still wore the apron. Himawari walked over and placed a hand on his shoulder. Without saying anything, Kawaki knew what she meant. He sighed and went back to sit next to Boruto, who looked lonely since Naruto and Hinata were chatting, Himawari was now in the kitchen, and Sarada and Sumire were whispering.

"Ne, Sumire-neechan, mind helping me?" Himawari asked sweetly. Sumire smiled and stood up, giving Sarada a look. She smiled as she reached the kitchen. They washed the dishes in silence, until.... "Ne, Onee-chan, do you still love Onii-chan?" Himawari inquired out of the blue.

Sumire looked up as she witnessed Sarada laughing with Boruto, who was laughing with her, all the while Kawaki was looking uninterested and like a third wheel. Her eyes showed sadness and pain. "I do... I regret leaving my family and friends, and I regret not telling Sara-chan who the father is. 'Cause if she knew, she wouldn't have said yes to Boruto-kun."

"Family?" Himawari repeated.

"Yeah. You, all the girls, Sara-chan especially, Eida, too. You're all my family. Maybe even the boys, too. Oh, definitely Hanabi-Sensei," Sumire explained.

"I see. Wait, what? Onii-chan asked Sarada-chan out?" Himawari questioned.

"Eh? What do you mean? Sara-chan told me that he asked her out," Sumire explained. "Just then."

Himawari's eyes narrowed. "No... That never happened. She started the relationship..."

"Eh? What do you mean?"

Himawari's eyes glared at the tenth Hokage. "They were at a party with their friends a few months after you left, and Onii-chan finally confessed he missed you and loved you, and he was depressed that whole time 'cause we weren't able to find you. Sarada-chan was that upset, as well, she drank until she was numb. Then someone made Onii-chan drink and they accidentally had sex and Sarada-chan got pregnant. She made Onii-chan date her then propose, just so Sanada wouldn't grow up with split parents. Onii-chan never liked her. It was only you. I mean, he even sleep talked about you. That's why Onii-chan stays at our home most of the time, because if he goes back to their home, Sarada-chan throws herself on him, even when Sanada is near. Onii-chan just tells Sanada that he is on a mission, when I'm reality, he's sleeping peacefully in his old bedroom," she explained.

Sumire gasped slightly. "I never knew Sara-chan was capable of that... She was my first friend. She was like my sun and was there when I had nothing... She never judged me and protected me. She'd never leave me out of things and whenever we were on missions together with other people, I'd be the first person she'd check on if we were under attack," she said.

Behind the wall of the kitchen, near the closed front door, Hanasita leaned against the wall, hearing everything her mom and Himawari were saying. She clenched her fists and bit her lip. She came down to ask if she could stay over, but after hearing this, that the man she had met and got to know was her father, and her new best friend was her half-sister, she wanted to leave. She didn't care about the Chunin Exams anymore. She knew her teammates needed her to continue the exam, but she thought Yuri could transform into her and do it.

She opened the door and walked into this kitchen, but the door sliding open caught everyone's attention. "Mommy, can we go now?"

"Are you tired?" Sumire inquired, bending down.

"Something like that..." Hanasita mumbled.

"Sanada, come say by to Hana-chan!" Sarada called her daughter.

Don't call me that...!

Sanada came bolting down the stairs. "I thought you were going to ask if you could stay the night," Sanada said.

"I'm sorry... I'm not feeling well," Hanasita replied, avoiding eye contact with Sanada, Sarada and Boruto.

"Okay... Get better!" Sanada said.

Everyone said their goodbyes and Sumire hugged her old friends — including Naruto and Hinata — and said goodbye to Sanada. Hanasita said by to everyone, but not Sarada, Boruto and Sanada. She couldn't deal with them.

After leaving, Sumire noticed how quiet her daughter was. "Hana?" Suddenly, Hanasita grabbed her braid and violently pulled it out, taking some hair with her. "Hana!!"

Sorry. I didn't mean to make Sarada seem like a bitch here.

Lost LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara