Chapter 34:Blood Orange

Start from the beginning

Y/N desperately clawed at his hand to no avail, gasping for air, "You're lying." she wheezed.

Housen laughed, the sound grating in Y/N's ears, You don't have to believe me," he responded with leisure, "But rest assured - when I do find that thing she called her son, I'll be sure to hang his body in the lobby as a parting gift."

His grip around Y/N's neck tightened, "And here's a tip - when you come to kill somebody, it's common courtesy to hide your bloodlust before entering the room."

Y/N felt her eyes bulging from lack of air, "Fuck you."

Housen's eyes were terrifying, "Give Hinowa my regards." he said.

Bang! The echo of a gunshot rang across the room.

Y/N was suddenly able to inhale freely as Housen's grip slackened. She hacked and coughed with watery eyes, but froze as a droplet of thick liquid abruptly landed on her cheek.

Above her, a trickle of blood rolled down Housen's face from a hole at the center of his forehead.

Housen slowly tipped forward and landed on top of her on the desk, dead.

Y/N's jaw dropped open as she struggled to shove the heavy body off of her, but the mass was revoltingly heavy and did not budge. Y/N didn't realise she was crying until strong arms managed to pull her out from beneath the body.

"Y/N!" a voice shouted. The arms sat her down on the ground against a wall, "Y/N, look at me!"

Y/N choked back a sob as she looked up. Jennie was kneeling before her, her blue eyes bright and wild. Her thumbs brushed over the tear tracks that stained Y/N's cheeks.

"Look at me." Jennie whispered while gently caressing Y/N's cheeks.

"Unnie..." Y/N spoke hoarsely.

Jennie pulled her into a hug, carefully holding the back of her head, "You're okay." she spoke softly.

"Y/N!"

A figure ran inside the room from the staircase entrance, the sword in her grip glinting in the dark. Despite being unable to fully see her face, Y/N recognised her in an instant.

Jennie jumped to her feet, her gun raised, "Drop the weapon."

Nayeon put up her sword, "You first."

Y/N regained herself and scrambled to Jennie's side, "Jennie, wait!"

"Stay out of it, Y/N." Jennie calmly ordered.

Nayeon looked surprised. She said to her with a puzzled frown, "You know this freak?"

Jennie clicked the safety off her gun, "Freak? I'm not the one cosplaying a samurai."

"Jennie!" Y/N yelled again, pushing down Jennie's gun, "She's a friend!"

"Don't ruin my fun, Y/N," Nayeon said without lowering her sword. Watching Jennie, she continued, "So? Who the hell are you?"