Arc 1, Chapter 3: Two Birds of a Feather.

———

TW: MENTION OF DEAD RELATIVES

———

OJ struggled to keep his footing as the wind grew stronger and more frigid. The snow blew in his face and his eyes hurt from the cold "W—What the hell is all this WIND?!" OJ exclaimed as the wind pushed him back...

Nickel didn't slide back as easy because he was made of metal, therefore heavier. "What the heck happened to him?! Is HE causing that?!"

Paper had to hide on the other side of the wall to not get blown away. Literally. "I-I don't know! I—It's possible...! If he magically grew W-WINGS whos to say this won't happen too...?!" He stammered as he shivered from the cold.

OJ sighed. He doesn't think he could get in any further without falling and spilling... He turned to Nickel. "Do you think you can help...? I don't want him to freeze the hotel..." OJ grumbled.

Nickel looked at Balloon and then sighed. "Yeah... I'll go help winged Elsa over there calm down..." He said as he began to carefully walk over to Balloon. He didn't want to slip on the ice...

Balloon was crying a LOT. his wings ached from the cold and he was still a bit out of it from the pain meds... his wings were curled around him and he pulled them closer. Like a blanket.

Nickel looked a little guilty. He walked up and sat next him. "Hey uh... you okay?" He asked immediately thinking it was dumb because he knew what the answer was.

"NO!!!" He yelled, as he hurried his face into his knees. "I'm a FREAK! E-everyone hates me! S-suitcase doesn't r-really talk to me anymore! It's always MY fault when things go wrong! I—It's just too much! It's all just too much!" He cried and sniffled.

"Yeah... That... That kind sucks huh..." Nickel mumbled. He was really sure what to do.

"I have nobody left... I feel so alone..." he vented, tears running down his face as he shivered.

"Well... I mean..." Nickel thought back to his own past. Those dreaded memories. His back aches from the obvious dent he had. He didn't want to think about... Them. "What we're your parents like?" He asked.

"They were... really nice... I couldn't ask for better ones..." he chuckled through sobs. And then his face darkened. "It should've been me..." he said his eyes filled with guilt.

"D—..." Nickel paused. "Don't say that..." He mumbled worriedly.

"They died saving me... I... I shouldn't have gotten on that stupid train! We should've just taken the bus like my dad suggested! Then maybe my life wouldn't b-be so horrible..." Balloon sobbed.

"Well... Even though they died... it's still possible for you to find happiness." He muttered. Trying to be reassuring. "Your life afterwards couldn't have been all bad. Surely you had some good memori-..."

"No." He stated bluntly.

Nickel seemed a bit frustrated. "Balloon please, you don't have to focus on only—!"

"THERE WAS NOTHING TO BE HAPPY ABOUT OKAY?! ALL OF IT WAS BAD! ALL OF THEM— EVERY SINGLE... THEY... they wouldn't— I..." Balloon went silent.

"Did something else happen?" He asked.

"..." he didn't answer. This is as much as he was comfortable saying. Balloon shivered more from the memory of trusting that stranger... he should have never took his hand.

Nickel knew he wasn't getting anything else out of Balloon so instead he he gently pushed Balloon's wing down to look at his face. "Things can get better." He said. He felt a bit guilty... about how he treated Balloon. He could see why Balloon was so clingy. And he had to admit... If he was in Balloons shoes, he'd probably do the same.