06

Ace of Spades
______________________________

Sayoni sits in her apartment on a laptop. She's working out the last few details on the image she has for her online boutique.

She already found a warehouse that she has put a down payment on.

With her boutique she is planning on selling, wigs, Clothes, jewelry and maybe make up and lashes.

Her phone rings for the fifth time in the past 2 minutes which makes her roll her eyes, answering the phone without even looking at the caller ID.

"Ms Carter?" Her lawyers deep voice is heard on the other side and Sayoni rubs her temple. His voice is kind of scratchy

"Yes, Malcom?" She asks trying to hide the annoyed tone in her voice.

"As your lawyer I am responsible to inform you that, Andre Green, has been released from prison almost three weeks ago" He says and Sayoni breaths hitches.

"A-Andre out?" She stumbles over her words as a lump forms in her throat and she immediately becomes cautious of he her surroundings.

"Why am I just finding out about this?" She almost yells, slamming the computer closed she stands to her feet.

"I'm deeply sorry, but I am just now being informed ab- Nigga, it's yo job to stay informed so you won't have to get informed. You should've been the first person to know and I should've been the second, ain't that what I'm paying you for" Sayoni eyes squints as she clenches her fist not trying to go off on her lawyer but, this shouldn't have been going on for three weeks.

"Like I said before, Ms Carter. I deeply apologize. I suggest if you're so worried, you should go get your gun license, your not a felon or convicted felon so it should be an ease" He says and Sayoni takes a deep breath.

"Ight Malcom" she says before hanging up the phone.

Sayoni sits next to her best friends, Camryn and Neveah, in the car

Sayoni sits next to her best friends, Camryn and Neveah, in the car. "I mean like this shit is stupid, they say he just got a house arrest bracelet and I have the right to use lethal force if he poses a threat to me"

Sayoni has been on 10 for a few hours and Camryn and Neveah thought it would be a good idea to take her out to calm down a bit.

Sayoni originally said no but after they wouldn't leave it alone, she called the DA office and they informed her more on the situation.

"Yeah definitely get a gun," Neveah nods her head from the backseat and Sayoni can't help but to feel uneasy.

"We here, Y'all ready?" Camryn asks parking then grabbing her purse. "And I got something to tell y'all at the end of the night" Camryn does a little dance getting out the car.