Chain of Mistaken Events. 6

"Sir-"

"No!"

"Please..."

"No!"

"P'Lam, please!"

"I said no!"

"Aaannn Uncle Lammie!"

"Oh, shut up!" Lam smacked his head and pulled him out of the cabin to drag the idiot to his desk, planning to dump him there and then come back to lock himself inside the cabin, at a safe distance from the little fool.

But when they reached the open working space, they were greeted by loud complains.

"Beam, you sneaky little shit!"

"You fucker, Baramee! You got engaged?"

"Got engaged and didn't tell us?"

"Boss, this fucker Beam is engaged! And he didn't tell anyone!"

Beam blinked. He looked around and gasped, running to his desk. "P'Min!" he exclaimed, looking wide-eyed and horror-struck at the beautiful girl sitting there.

"Beamie..." Minute smiled sweetly before making a guilty face. "I'm sorry, I didn't know your colleagues were unaware... stupid me..." she looked down before looking at him with panic. "Oh, tell me it won't be an issue, you know, being with a man..." 

"Oh, no! It surely won't be" Lam was the one to answer the woman, looking around at everyone. "Ain't that right?" he asked, voice booming and everyone rushed to complain again.

"But he didn't tell us!"

"We mind! Where's our celebration?"

"Did you know, boss?"

Lam sighed and eyed Beam who shot him a pleading look. Lam sighed again and nodded. "Y-yeah, yeah, he told me! He told me, em... on the phone! When I was on leave" he sighed. That shitty kid had turned him into a liar!

Beam just closed his eyes with a groan and turned to Minute who still sat awkwardly. "Oh, em, P'Min, this is my boss, P'Lam, I told you about him, didn't I? Eh, and boss, this is P'Minute, my... em, my... yeah, sister, yeah!" he chuckled nervously while Lam and Minute met each other's eyes and nodded, sharing basic pleasantries. But Beam was quick to pull her along, dragging her out while picking up his coat on the way.

Soon, they were in Minute's car with her driving them and Beam complained out loud. "Ah, I can't believe this! You! You know how to drive and you spend your days locked inside the house, taking up a corner and overthinking your brain away? Unacceptable!"

Minute laughed. "So what? Just because I know how to drive, I should run aloof?"

"At least, it's better than monopolizing some dark corner of the house and thinking of useless stuff! Huh, you'd rot your brain that way" Beam nagged, pouting cutely and Minute chuckled.

"Now you sound like mom!" Minute chuckled. "Well, just because I'm free and I can drive by myself, doesn't mean I should just go astray. Besides, have you seen the kind of traffic in Bangkok?"

"Then do something productive with your time! Join Dad in the business or get a job! You're well educated, aren't you?" Beam asked. 

"Well, of course, I am but-"

"Then use it instead of letting it go to rack and ruin" Beam puffed his cheeks and Minute chuckled. 

"I'm an interior decorator. I wanted to start my own setup, you know. Home and event decor. But then..." Minute trailed off.

"Well, do it now" Beam said hopefully and she chuckled.

"It's been years now, Beamie. What good a qualification or talent is if you don't have experience or reputation to back it up? I've lost years I could've spent making a name for myself, even if it was slow or gradual, I could be saying by now that yes, I can now go independent, be my own boss, be an entrepreneur but now..." she trailed off.