Behind the statue

Adie was left in dazed from what Severus just acted, he was about to accept her invitation but then he changed his mind very quickly. Adie thought of what went wrong and why did he acted like that.

Adie changed herself into more comfortable clothes to sleep on and did his night routine. When finished, she grabbed her book from the table, she tried reading it, but she can't. Adie decided to go to bed, but her mind was full of Severus.

Adie stood up and donned on her night robe, she decided to go out and breathe some fresh air. When she got into the corridor with big windows that shows the Hogwarts ground, she settled there and calmed herself down.

"Miss Heart.", Adie turned to look at the man behind her, startled.

Adie observed that he was still on his clothes from the Three Broomsticks. Adie saw his eyes travel from her body and Adie realized that she was just on her night robe. Adie shyly covered herself and looked away.

"Severus.", she said.

Severus looked at Adie trying to cover herself, but he saw it already, her nipples erect, and her legs parted, silhouetted by the light and can be seen from outside. Severus then looked at her and remembered that he might lose Lily because of her. He felt a sudden rage inside him.

Severus quickly grabbed Adie and they went behind the statue. Severus pushed her on the wall, Adie looked at her confused and could see she's beginning to feel afraid, but Adie's words didn't come out of her mouth.

Severus grabbed her chin up and kissed her in a bruising way, Adie moaned from the harshness of it and Severus groaned upon hearing it. Severus grabbed her waist and pulled her to him, it made Adie gasped, and Severus pushed his tongue inside. Adie's hand on her shoulder went on the back of his head and pulled him to deepen their kiss. When Severus felt it, he quickly pulled back realizing what he just did.

Severus saw Adie flushed as she brushed a finger on her red and harshly used lips.

"Severus.", she said.

"I'm sorry.", was the only word he got out of his mouth and left.

Adie felt a tear escape from her eyes and rushed back to her own chambers. She quickly went to her bed and cried until she fell asleep.

Monday came, the students arrived, and it was time for the first-year students to strode at the Great Hall and be sorted before the welcoming feast. Every staff were now ready and already at the Great Hall. Severus scanned the room and saw that Adie was still not present. Severus frowned. Yesterday, Adie skipped the meals at the Great Hall, he summoned the elf assigned to her and checked if she was requesting for her meals in her chambers and the elf replied positively and he felt relieved about it.

The door opened; "She's here.", he said quietly as he can smell her perfume from afar.

Two chairs beside him were empty, one for her and one for Minerva. Severus silently hoped that she would choose the seat near him, but he dismissed the thought thinking about what happened that night, she will definitely not sit beside him, and he was right, Adie sat beside Professor Flitwick.

Minerva entered the Great Hall with the first years in tow, the Sorting began and then the Welcoming Feast.

Severus can't clearly see Adie because she was covered by Minerva, but he felt relieved that Filius is keeping her company. After the feast and giving his speech, all the students rushed to their chambers. Severus and the staffs stood up; he was about to walk on Adie, but he saw her briskly walking out and he frowned. Severus felt a smack on his shoulder,

"What was that?", Minerva asked.

Severus just rolled his eyes and scowled, ignored Minerva and went to his office.