twenty-nine

Photograph by Ed Sheeran

08/05/21

"This doesn't scream I'm in love with you, right?" I asked, looking at Steph. She flipped through the pages of the scrap book photo album I made of Will and I.

"Honey, you're like beyond that with this." She said, looking at the delicately decorated pages.

"But like, to him will it?" I asked again, knowing it was hopeless.

"Uh, yes, Harmony." She said, looking up at me with an expression that told me how stupid i was.

"Should I not give it to him yet then? Like he's on his way and-"

"Shut up. You're gonna give it to him and he's gonna love it." She said, closing the book carefully.

"But what if-"

"I have arrived. Are we moving into your house today or just packing?"Will asked me. I forgot I asked him over because we need to pack and not because of the stupid album.

"Uh- I uh-"

"Both. We need to finish packing and move our stuff in today. You know about our lease and shit. Anyway, while I pack up the rest of my clothes, Harmony has something she wants to give you." Steph said, patting me on the back and walking to her room.

"You wanna give me something?" He asked, his keys clattering to the counter and making the same noise it always has.

"I- Yeah, it's stupid though." I said, scratching the back of my neck as a nervous tick.

"I'm sure it's not." He said, walking over to me. Once he bridged the gap, he placed an arm around my lower back and kissed the top of my head.

"It's just a photo album I made." I said with a shrug, leaning into his body.

"Let me see then." He said with a small laugh. I walked over to the couch and he followed behind me.

"It's not much." I said, pointing to the book on the table. He moved closer to me and opened the album with a gentle hand. He flipped through page after page and my heart was hammering in my chest.

"You said this is for me?" He asked quietly.

"I mean, yeah. I just made it for you or whatever. If you don't like it-

"I love it, Harmony. I was asking because I have some pictures I meant to get printed and wanted to add to it. You can keep it with you that way it doesn't get ruined, but ai absolutely adore it." He said, closing it after realizing the pages ended. He pulled my body into his and I relaxed some, realizing he didn't hate it.

"The packing party is about to begin!" Tyson screamed as he walked in the apartment.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Matteo commented.

"You both need calm down." Luke said, following behind all of them.

"I think your brother's are here!" Steph screamed from her room.

"I didn't bloody realize!" I yelled back.

Everyone greeted one another before we all started packing shit and taking it all to the moving truck.

Hours passed by and before I knew it, everything was out of the apartment.

"You ready to start this new chapter of our lives?" Steph asked me, setting her key on the counter. The apartment was dark now, all the lights having been turned off.

"You'll be with me through all of it?" I asked, glancing over her as my key was gripped tightly in my hand.

"Through every step, just like I promised you." She said. I set the key on the counter and smiled at her. I took her hand in mine and smiled.

"Then yeah, I'm ready." I said, taking a deep breath. We closed the door behind us and walked down the stairs where Will's car was packed as was mine and Steph's with boxes.

"See you in a few." She said, letting go on my hand and running to our car.

"You ready to go?" Will asked, snaking his arms around my waist and laying his head atop mine.

"Yeah, I think I am." I said, looking up at him with a smile. It took everything in me not to kiss him.

"Come on, love birds, we don't have all day!" Luke yelled from the U-Haul. We both laughed before Will walked me to the passenger seat and opened the door for me. I picked up the memory book I noticed was sat on my seat and set it in my lap after I was seated. He closed the door and walked around to his side of the car. He got into the car and drove off, following Stephanie to our new house.

"Alright, welcome home to us." Steph said as we both walked up to the front door. She unlocked it and opened it. The door swung open and I already fell in love with it. It wasn't too far from our old apartment, but it was new and wasn't something we could say we moved into when we were running away from home.

"Well, let's move everything in, shall we?" I said with a wide smile. Steph walked through and turned on the lights while everyone else walked to the uhaul and cars to start unloading.

I picked up a box on the heavier side and stumbled a bit before gathering my footing again.

"Put the damn box down you stupid little shit." Matteo said, running over and taking the box from my hands.

"What the fuck?" I laughed. He effortlessly carried the box inside the house without another word.

"You'll probably get that a lot." Will laughed from beside me.

"I'm older than him!" I yelled.

"And yet, so much smaller." He laughed. I slapped his arm playfully and he laughed harder. "It's true! Stop hitting me for honesty!"

"You're a bloody prick." I laughed.

Once everything was moved into the house, we sat on the hardwood floor in the kitchen with a pack of beers in the middle of us all.

"I'm gonna step out for a breath of fresh air." Will said, standing up and walking outside. I followed behind him a few minutes later. I walked outside and found him leaning against his car, staring up at the sky.

"You okay?" I asked, walking to stand next to him.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." He said with a wave of his hand. We stood in silence after that for a few moments.

I took a silent but deep breath before moving to stand in front of him.

"Are you o-"

I didn't let him finish. I stood on my toes and put both of my hands on his cheeks before placing my lips on his gently. He immediately reacted, wrapping his arms around my waist and pushing his lips against mine. I moved my hands down to wrap around his neck and he pulled me closer to him. The act made me stumble and break away with a soft laugh.

"Short shit." He mumbled before leaning his head back down to kiss me again.

"That was mean." I said, pulling away before he pulled me back in.

"Truth hurts sometimes, my love." He said, breaking away from me. I laid my head on his chest with a smile on my face.

"Nothing hurts when I'm with you."